• 1445259792314.jpg
    1445259792314.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 1445259825020.jpg
    1445259825020.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 13
That's really cool.
It definitely dates the site and says that the owners had a little money. (To be dropped, lol)
Not a whole bunch of people could afford cars in 1915.

That's something different and unique. What is the keystone emblem made of? Brass?

I think it either brass or aluminum probably aluminum I would say

The sign is made of porcelain. I heard that the tags was made by people in the prison. I don't know if thats true or not.

Very Nice Find ! the Keystone Tag is a Bonus :thumbsup:

neat find better than the ones i found

Your avatar indicates that you are a car guy, as does mine. Very cool piece of automobilia. Perhaps it graced a tin lizzy. GL&HH.

That's really cool.
It definitely dates the site and says that the owners had a little money. (To be dropped, lol)
Not a whole bunch of people could afford cars in 1915.

I never thought of that. Thanks learn something new everyday

Very cool find :thumbsup: ! 1915 is the last year of porcelain plates in Pennsylvania . From 1906 - 1915 they had a different colored porcelain for each year . 1910 was the first year with the Key stone badge attached . I have collected for 35 years and Pennsylvania porcelains are one of my favorite ! :icon_thumright:

Very cool find :thumbsup: ! 1915 is the last year of porcelain plates in Pennsylvania . From 1906 - 1915 they had a different colored porcelain for each year . 1910 was the first year with the Key stone badge attached . I have collected for 35 years and Pennsylvania porcelains are one of my favorite ! :icon_thumright:

Someone told me the prisoners made the keystone badge for the license plates is that correct

Someone told me the prisoners made the keystone badge for the license plates is that correct

I have never herd that before but maybe . Many states had plates made in prisons . Montana at one time had " PRISON MADE " along the bottom front of the plate . Here are some pictures . Also a picture of a 1915 Penna with the cut out at the top for the engine crank .
Glen

Attachments

• 100_3767.JPG
    100_3767.JPG
    951 KB · Views: 69
  • 100_3769.JPG
    100_3769.JPG
    913.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3768.JPG
    100_3768.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I have never herd that before but maybe . Many states had plates made in prisons . Montana at one time had " PRISON MADE " along the bottom front of the plate . Here are some pictures . Also a picture of a 1915 Penna with the cut out at the top for the engine crank .
Glen

Those are some very nice plates you got there. I love the one where it was cut for the top of the engine crank.

Hey Pl8tman, I recently sold a 1912 and 1913 Pa. plate on the bay was that you who bought them? Many more were listed and sold along with a ton of hunting licenses and fishing licenses.....Joe McDonough

Hey Pl8tman, I recently sold a 1912 and 1913 Pa. plate on the bay was that you who bought them? Many more were listed and sold along with a ton of hunting licenses and fishing licenses.....Joe McDonough

Not me but I'm sure it was one of the club members .
Glen

HEY BLONG I FOUND A LICENSE PLATE FROM VA A BLUE POCELAIN THAT WAS TO A MOTORCYCLE AND PUT IT ON EBAY TO GET RID OF IT FOR 25.00 . A GUY SENT ME AN EMAIL LETTING ME KNOW THAT MY PLATE WAS RARE AND WAS WORTH 1800.00 AND I SAID YEAH RIGHT . SO OFF AN RUNNING I POSTED IT FOR 2500 .00 AND THE GUY FINALLY CONVINCED ME AND IT WAS SOLD FOR 1800.00 AND I ALMOST THREW IT AWAY MANY TIMES . BEAUTIFUL FIND YOU HAVE AND THE GUY IS TOM SMITH LICENSE PLATES , GOOCHLAND VA . MY VA PLATE IS ON HIS SITE I WOULD CHECK IT OUT YOU MAY HAVE A LITTLE MONEY THERE/

HEY BLONG I FOUND A LICENSE PLATE FROM VA A BLUE POCELAIN THAT WAS TO A MOTORCYCLE AND PUT IT ON EBAY TO GET RID OF IT FOR 25.00 . A GUY SENT ME AN EMAIL LETTING ME KNOW THAT MY PLATE WAS RARE AND WAS WORTH 1800.00 AND I SAID YEAH RIGHT . SO OFF AN RUNNING I POSTED IT FOR 2500 .00 AND THE GUY FINALLY CONVINCED ME AND IT WAS SOLD FOR 1800.00 AND I ALMOST THREW IT AWAY MANY TIMES . BEAUTIFUL FIND YOU HAVE AND THE GUY IS TOM SMITH LICENSE PLATES , GOOCHLAND VA . MY VA PLATE IS ON HIS SITE I WOULD CHECK IT OUT YOU MAY HAVE A LITTLE MONEY THERE/

Your plate was a motorcycle and was an early issue that is why it was so valuable . Most auto plates are not as valuable due to population of state and more cars than motorcycles in the early days .
Glen

Found this in an old bottle dump in the woods behind my house. Stainless

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    812 KB · Views: 49

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back