What's new

$192.50 of "found"coins

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$192.50 of "found"coins

Ok I have to put this in the CRH forum because I know this is how I originally aqcuired these coins.

Total take...

$95 in IKES
$80 in rolled clad halves
$7.50 in loose clad halves.

here's the kicker....

THEY WERE ALL FOUND IN MY CAR WHILE CLEANING IT OUT. atleast I had pulled the silver!

sounds like I found a way to pay for my new Sunray pinpointer.
 
Upvote 0
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

Your car must have been filthy to overlook $182 of coin. Nice score on the "found" money, though.
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

How can you have 8 rolls of halves "lost" in your car? I have found a few halves under the seat before, but never rolls plus the IKES.

You must have lots of good hiding places in that car. ;D I did once find $500 in cash that I had hidden away in a file box and forgot about until I found it a year later. That was a great feeling to find it.

Jim
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

And your gas mileage just improved by about 2 mpg... :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

ROFL...Read your post and ran to search the cars. With 5 kids, my wife just can't keep her car organized.

Hers: ( I do most of the CRH in her car. better mileage) 2 rolls of dimes, 1 roll of halves, 14 loose halves, 9 loose quarters, 6 loose nicks and 48 loose dimes!!!!!!

Mine: 1 silver Canadian dime tucked away in the coin tray.
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

Yea I have to say its pretty hard to misplace that much coin. I run a pretty tight Budget and need every penny to fullfill my pickups each week.

All that cash lying around is less coins to search.

With that being said, when I do clean up all the wrappers from the passenger side I usually find a couple errant dimes and some halves between the seats as well as a roll of dimes and even a roll of halves. But those don't go unaccounted for, for very long.

Nice score anyway. It's good to clean house every now and then.

Mojo
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

probably could have made another $10 if I lived in a state that had a bottle deposit.

I'm so ashamed!
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

I have about $15 worth of pennies that I spilled in the back of my truck the other day. I will probably be finding them for months, as they got into every nook and cranny.
 
Re: $192.50 of "found"coins

I hate when they get in between the seats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom