What's new

1921-D Morgan

  • Thread starter Thread starter uppermi
  • Start date Start date
U

uppermi

Guest
Bought a box of silver coins for scrap and this was on the bottom of the box. Do you think it would grade out at AU 50 + or what?
 

Attachments

  • 1921-D Morgan Silver..webp
    1921-D Morgan Silver..webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 327
  • 1921-D Morgan Silver. Back.webp
    1921-D Morgan Silver. Back.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
The hair right above the ear on the obverse, and the breast feathers on the eagle, on the reverse are the two high points to look at first. Also if it has the orginal mint luster is a deciding factor. I collect and love Morgans, and I think that it is a great looking coin that you have. Get a book and try grading it yourself, then subtract two levels, and that is probably realistically what it is. This way you won't be disappointed, but it's always a nice surprise if it grades higher professionally.
 
My guess is VERY close to ,if not AU-50.Nice coin either way.
 
The Red Book Says AU-50 @ $19.00 Wear on the High Points of hair and the Breast feathers of eagle. Thats what I see from the picture so its hard to say.

NICE COIN!!!

Keep @ it and HH!!













Disclaimer: I am new to this, and I am not a pro. I could be wrong!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom