🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
101 Mellon Ave, Patton, PA
000ccc.jpg

000aaa.jpg

000bbb.jpg

That's cool. A money pit, but still cool.

Awesome place!

Wake up without having to head to the basement and argue with the coal stove..
This house has a fuel oil boiler!
No soot for the Mrs. to clean up when the stove pukes due to a clinker.
No neighbors soot during inclement water due to location.
What's not to like?
And I found it interesting it's a fuel oil boiler in Pa.. (Coal country.) Who cares how cheap coal is if you could avoid it! More so the one having to get it going again on a cold winter morning.
Just away of life. Till you get a better alternative...

Funds for restoration could come from painting scenes on those salvaged slate tiles. Probably more than if sold to be reused on a roof but who knows now a days until checking...

The amount of plaster is amazing. It's an art , but still a lot of time involved in this featured house. How many tons would be interesting to know.

A fireplace shows a bit of it's mantle...Or what holds its strength in the form of metal used.
Would be interesting to see greater detail of it's use.
King of looks like a bent bar in one area.

A beef roast. Potatoes and gravy ; laden with carrots. Maybe some oysters on a holiday when the real Santa was around to fill in for the decorative Santa.
Clink of silverware. Group laughter and a childs voice.

Perhaps a warming up of the newfangled radio and a brief listening with tonight's fire.
Another holiday in the big house!

3 Car Garage !

1 For the Model T
1 for the full size GMC SUV
1 for the Oil Burner to help Keep Winter at bay :laughing7:
000aaa.jpg

3 Car Garage !

1 For the Model T
1 for the full size GMC SUV
1 for the Oil Burner to help Keep Winter at bay :laughing7:
View attachment 2107166

Fuel oil tanks have a vent pipe.
Overly ambitious delivery drivers not listening to the pipe to have an idea when the tank is near full tend to splash fuel out the vent. A smelly thing. Plus the fire hazard.

Tanks indoors/out of the weather and nearer constant ground temperature allow a lower fuel grade, (cheaper fuel) to be used if desired and available. Fuel oil (#1 more highly refined) a very close cousin to diesel (#2). But #2 can gel in cold weather. And will in real cold weather.

Fuel oil heat not without it's nuance. A filter at tank. A burner tip/porous stone looking nozzle at gun business end.
Buzz bars for ignition. Which can break.
I about moved my first house I bought , by igniting an overcharged fuel oil furnace. Moved the back of one hand...And left it sensitive to cold long after from the burn.
Still better than the acrid coal of my youth. Or the occasional smoke through the floorboards.
And when most the neighborhood had thier stoves going in certain weather conditions , being outside was tough on the sinuses.

first 50 or so Years I lived with Coal Heat.
Only switched to Propane heat Because Hauling buckets of coal up the
Cellar Steps became harder & Harder .
Then when I moved here I Had no Choice .
Electric is What is Here. Though Living on the 2nd Floor,
I Haven't needed much heat Except when I prepare for my Shower on cold mornings.
The apartments Below me & the Western Sun Keep me Sweatin'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back