What's new

1925 "Party Girl Coca Cola Tray! Beautiful!

Spartcom5

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2015
Messages
807
Reaction score
936
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1925 "Party Girl' Coca Cola Tray! Beautiful!

Hey guys went to a ton of antique stores today! Found this Coke tray. I'm a huge Coca Cola collector ever since I found an old bottle at an estate sale and have been on the hunt for a tray recently. I found this gem... it was not cheap however. They wanted $360 for it and I got it for $200. I know I didn't get a steal and maybe I could've found one on eBay. But just holding it and looking at it was amazing, something you don't get to do on eBay. The color hasn't even begun to fade, look at the blue of the hat! It looks as if it was never even used before! Except for that one darned scratch toward the bottom and the usual side chipping. Even the bottom of this thing is great! This will definitely be going in my personal collection. I hope to find another one day for extremely cheap at an estate sale somewhere. Also, the store i was at before this had a repro of the same exact tray haha!
20160516_210429_resized.webp20160516_210435_resized.webp20160516_210458_resized.webp20160516_210512_resized.webp

How would you all display this piece? I was thinking of having an acrylic case made for it?
 
That is NEAT!!!! I would put it on the wall or shelf in something where it would be protected but could still be seen...d2
 
One of the larger one of these works great for displaying items like this...

0d4702450cd2a9b02b481df49b272977.webp
 
Lucky you! I have yet to find a real coca cola tray, only repros. I agree with AARC, the large plate holders work well.


aaw-trays-225x300.jpg
 
Thanks! This was definitely one of my bigger purchases. Do you guys think I overpaid?
 
If you wanted it I can't see where you overpaid. Unlike me and Browning shotguns and old Remington and Winchester rifles and shotguns. I keep telling my wife that the people I buy them from MAKE me buy them. I don't think she believes it but that's what I tell her. I think you made out fine although I know nothing about those trays. You liking it is all that matters unless you are intending on reselling it...d2
 
I don't know if you over paid without research, but I do know from all the genuine CC trays I've seen for sale in the antique shops over the years with prices in around $150. to $200 the condition of yours is very rare to come by. Most I see with a price at $150. and up look like someone took a wire brush to it. So with that I think you made a great score.
 
Yes condition is everything with this piece. You paid up but you didn't overpay. Let's just say you bought it at a really good collector price with some wiggle room at the end.
 
Here are some more pictures in better lighting... quite nice I must say!
20160518_131412_resized.webp20160518_194703_resized.webp20160518_194735_resized.webp
 
Growing up...my grandmother had these nailed all over the walls of her back porch...

G
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom