What's new

1929 trench art hammered coin

Lisa Alldredge

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 6, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Using my Equinox 900 at Brownwood Texas at the old Camp Bowie site, I found this item which was much dirtier and I almost threw it away! But I rubbed some dirt off and saw some letters. Upon further cleaning, and using my stereomicroscope, I could make out enough letters and the numbers 929 for Google to identify it as a 1929 2 1/2 Gulden coin from the Netherlands. Then Google also helped me figure out that it was most likely trench art from a WWII POW!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6036.webp
    IMG_6036.webp
    815.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6041.webp
    IMG_6041.webp
    521.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6046.webp
    IMG_6046.webp
    329.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6025.webp
    IMG_6025.webp
    313.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6027.webp
    IMG_6027.webp
    162.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6031.webp
    IMG_6031.webp
    220.4 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom