EAC80199-7A80-4B2E-9024-E7339BA7BB27.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 21

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your 1934 Pennsylvania - New Jersey Delaware River bridge token is a cool find. Especially when their dated.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your 1934 Pennsylvania - New Jersey Delaware River bridge token is a cool find. Especially when their dated.
Thank You
It’s amazing how tokens were used years ago and we used to place money in the baskets or pay the attendants and now there is cameras that keep track and they just removed all the tollbooths over here and no more traffic back ups
Take care

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Good for one passage commuter token.
Found this today in shallow water with the Excal2.
I will try to clean it perhaps baking soda and water?
Thanks again for looking and I hope your next hunt greets you with nice rewards
Nice find Bill! 👍
So many of our tokens are ruined and rarely in good condition here on the goldfields due to the mineralisation taking its toll on them.
Good one!

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Bill! 👍
So many of our tokens are ruined and rarely in good condition here on the goldfields due to the mineralisation taking its toll on them.
Good one!
Chilli Thank You
It’s amazing how tokens were used to cross a bridge and now the toll booths are gone and overhead cameras keep track
Warmer weather should be on its way to your area as the last day of Summer will be here in a few days
Take care Mate…
Bill

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Chilli Thank You
It’s amazing how tokens were used to cross a bridge and now the toll booths are gone and overhead cameras keep track
Warmer weather should be on its way to your area as the last day of Summer will be here in a few days
Take care Mate…
Bill
Mate I hope so, the warmer bit. Been raining nearly non stop the past 3 days. Yesterday was crazy. Tanks been overflowing for weeks.
My 6" 24k coil should arrive from the US either tomorrow or the next.
Really hanging out to go detecting. Not a lot of options though right now as all the bush tracks are completely bogged out.
Cheers Bill.
IMG_20220916_140452_058~2.jpg

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mate I hope so, the warmer bit. Been raining nearly non stop the past 3 days. Yesterday was crazy. Tanks been overflowing for weeks.
My 6" 24k coil should arrive from the US either tomorrow or the next.
Really hanging out to go detecting. Not a lot of options though right now as all the bush tracks are completely bogged out.
Cheers Bill.
View attachment 2046856
Chilli…Best of Luck with your new coil mate..
Is that tank for water storage?
We had very low rain amounts the last couple months with excessive heat.
Most streams are very low and very easy to walk across now.
Hopefully your heavy rain will wash some soil away and bring gold nuggets to the surface
Take care
Bill

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Good for one passage commuter token.
Found this today in shallow water with the Excal2.
I will try to clean it perhaps baking soda and water?
Thanks again for looking and I hope your next hunt greets you with nice rewards
I such good condition lucky you

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I such good condition lucky you
Thank you
It’s a great recovery for me and yes in good condition.
Almost 100 years old and amazing the progress the bridge authority has made.
From tokens to the removal of toll booths by me and now overhead cameras and no more backlog of cars waiting to pay
Best of Luck on your next hunt

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Chilli…Best of Luck with your new coil mate..
Is that tank for water storage?
We had very low rain amounts the last couple months with excessive heat.
Most streams are very low and very easy to walk across now.
Hopefully your heavy rain will wash some soil away and bring gold nuggets to the surface
Take care
Bill
Hi mate, yeah its for garden water during water restrictions times which this small town gets now n then. Not expecting that to happen this year or next though as all reservoirs are overflowing. Not our own place, rent, shame its not for drinking water as the town water here is treated and we filter it. So the plants get nice pure rain water, we drink chlorine and who knows what else treated res water. 😕
Yeah I think some places will get a good washing. Best that happens here really in most instances, as the ground is often so hard, the big rains wash away the gumleaf and branch debris covering of many areas. It looks in places like someone has come and raked clean a hillside or lower gully area.
Cheers.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mate, yeah its for garden water during water restrictions times which this small town gets now n then. Not expecting that to happen this year or next though as all reservoirs are overflowing. Not our own place, rent, shame its not for drinking water as the town water here is treated and we filter it. So the plants get nice pure rain water, we drink chlorine and who knows what else treated res water. 😕
Yeah I think some places will get a good washing. Best that happens here really in most instances, as the ground is often so hard, the big rains wash away the gumleaf and branch debris covering of many areas. It looks in places like someone has come and raked clean a hillside or lower gully area.
Cheers.
Chilli. We have well water here and could use a good soaking of rain .
It’s amazing to see creeks so low .
Gum leaves sound pretty cool are they from a special tree
Thanks mate

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Chilli. We have well water here and could use a good soaking of rain .
It’s amazing to see creeks so low .
Gum leaves sound pretty cool are they from a special tree
Thanks mate
Yeah our eucalyptus trees, we call them gumtrees. Have a nice eucalyptus smell when you crush them up. Most of our forrests are eucalypt. There are apparently lots in California which were planted from seeds taken there from Australia in the goldrush days.
They are a lovely tree but not great in bushfires. The leaves of some have flammable oils. Gold is found here in many types of areas but well known nugget areas are associated with Box Ironbark ones. Box ironbark loves mineralised ground. The bark is often a few inches thick. Tough trees those which rarely drop limbs unless the tree is dead. We have another couple though that drop big limbs even when its not windy. The Redgum is notorious for that especially in hot weather. I've seen a couple do it over the years. Each year or so you'll hear of a camper somewhere in Oz getting crushed by one, killed which they camped under for shade. The early settlers and gold diggers nicknamed them Widdow Makers. I never park under any gumtree when I go fishing or detecting. The other thing you have to watch for is when they flower. They drop necter from the flowers that sticks to your cars paint like a gum type glue. Really really hard to remove. It can go unnoticed when fresh but when it drys out the little drops go an amber colour. I once spent hours carefully removing dozens of drops, about 2 to 3 pinhead size with iso alcohol. Last place we lived all down the street in front of a retirement village they planted some of the worst that have big red flowers that dropped heaps. The residents complained about them so much messing up their cars paint they removed every one of them, about 20.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah our eucalyptus trees, we call them gumtrees. Have a nice eucalyptus smell when you crush them up. Most of our forrests are eucalypt. There are apparently lots in California which were planted from seeds taken there from Australia in the goldrush days.
They are a lovely tree but not great in bushfires. The leaves of some have flammable oils. Gold is found here in many types of areas but well known nugget areas are associated with Box Ironbark ones. Box ironbark loves mineralised ground. The bark is often a few inches thick. Tough trees those which rarely drop limbs unless the tree is dead. We have another couple though that drop big limbs even when its not windy. The Redgum is notorious for that especially in hot weather. I've seen a couple do it over the years. Each year or so you'll hear of a camper somewhere in Oz getting crushed by one, killed which they camped under for shade. The early settlers and gold diggers nicknamed them Widdow Makers. I never park under any gumtree when I go fishing or detecting. The other thing you have to watch for is when they flower. They drop necter from the flowers that sticks to your cars paint like a gum type glue. Really really hard to remove. It can go unnoticed when fresh but when it drys out the little drops go an amber colour. I once spent hours carefully removing dozens of drops, about 2 to 3 pinhead size with iso alcohol. Last place we lived all down the street in front of a retirement village they planted some of the worst that have big red flowers that dropped heaps. The residents complained about them so much messing up their cars paint they removed every one of them, about 20.
Chilli
Outstanding Thank You for your beautiful post on these trees.
In the Spring over here some trees I don’t know the names leave a sap like substance that makes a mess.
Be careful when your out there mate
I hope your coil to arrive this week,,Good Luck

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool token Bill, congrats!
I was surprised to find that as it’s almost 100 years old and in pretty good condition being in the water.
Thanks for looking and I hope your next hunt greets you with big rewards
Take care

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread