1936 P Buffalo Nickel!

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8095A97A-A246-42E7-9F88-27E0756E64CC.jpeg

5CC8993E-DD61-4939-AE89-428804F02FA5.jpeg

So, interesting story. I was driving my grandparents to a doctors appointment. We dropped my grandpa and my mother off for the appointment, and me and my grandmother went to run some minor errands.

I got back on the car, and I just happened to glance in the cupholder next to me, which had a lot of loose change in it. My grandparents have a habit of putting change there.

Then, I saw the buffalo. I saw it, and I thought to myself, “That can’t be a Lewis and Clark commemorative nickel, it looks too old!”

I pulled it out and looked at the front, to discover it was indeed what I thought it was, an old buffalo nickel. 1936 P, to be exact.

I turned to my grandmother, and said, “Grandma, did you know you had this in your cupholder?“

She said that she didn’t know, and that they always put change in there when they go to fast food places.

She was kind enough to let me keep it.

That’s probably for the best, they both have developing dementia. They probably would’ve spent it without knowing what it really was, or forgot that they had it.

Either way, It’s safe in my collection now.

Jared

Upvote 11

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2066716

View attachment 2066715

So, interesting story. I was driving my grandparents to a doctors appointment. We dropped my grandpa and my mother off for the appointment, and me and my grandmother went to run some minor errands.

I got back on the car, and I just happened to glance in the cupholder next to me, which had a lot of loose change in it. My grandparents have a habit of putting change there.

Then, I saw the buffalo. I saw it, and I thought to myself, “That can’t be a Lewis and Clark commemorative nickel, it looks too old!”

I pulled it out and looked at the front, to discover it was indeed what I thought it was, an old buffalo nickel. 1936 P, to be exact.

I turned to my grandmother, and said, “Grandma, did you know you had this in your cupholder?“

She said that she didn’t know, and that they always put change in there when they go to fast food places.

She was kind enough to let me keep it.

That’s probably for the best, they both have developing dementia. They probably would’ve spent it without knowing what it really was, or forgot that they had it.

Either way, It’s safe in my collection now.

Jared
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice post!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread