1942 Winged Liberty Head

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aka Merc dime. Looking for relics at old Rev War Continental Army Encampment that is now a school football field under renovation. Place is totally fenced in except for gated road the leads to field. Got lucky as there was a landscaping crew there working. Foreman said go ahead when i asked. Started getting good hits immediately. Some clad but dug a newer dime and ran coil back over hole and recieved another strong signal. Dug a little more and there it was looking up at me. Could have sworn i heard a little voice then say " "Get me the hell outta here!" Needless to say i obliged ;D

Only got to check the place for 40 minutes before the foreman said they had to split and i had to leave because they are not allowed to leave gate open. I'm hoping another search is possible as i was getting good strong tones all over the place.

Upvote 0
Congrats True.....

Keep up the good work and I hope you get another opportunity to search again.

HH!

Moon

One of the most beautiful designs ever put on a coin-- glad you could 'rescue' one!

Thanks all :) Yep, love that Silver esp those Merc dimes! They should have put that design on the larger denomination coins, that would have been cool! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back