What's new

1943 steel pennies???

999digger

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
I have hunted about $265 in pennies. Some were in rolls and others were in the bags. I have not yet found a 1943 steel penny. Do they make it past the reject tray into the bag or in the fed rolls. I was just wondering if one will pop up for me. Help would be appreciated thank you. :help:
 
Upvote 0
I usually hit one or two boxes of cents per week. Have yet to find one, but sure would like to.

apush :read2:
 
Your only luck in finding them in the wild is by searching customer wrapped rolls. Any that get processed, end up sticking to the magnet inside coin counters. Usually, this "junk" is tossed in the trash when a machine is cleaned/calibrated.
 
i have found them in boxes every now and then. they can be found.
 
I don't recall ever getting any from fed rolls. In my experience, hand rolls (or bags of hand rolls ready to be sent to the fed) are the best (for everything in my opinion). If it can slip past the counting machines, it will end up in a fed box. The rolling companies don't use magnets or anything to sort coins, as they would mainly pick up worthless washers and foreign. It's cheaper for them to wrap whatever fits in a roll to maximize profit. String is the best at filtering out junk and Brinks is the worst. But I find magnetic canadians in everything, so they're out there

HH
-GC
 
We have found 10 this year. 7 in Hand rolls and 3 in Fed rolls, so they are in the boxes. One was a ender my 8yo spotted.
 
Occasionally when banks know that you are searching for odd coins they will give you some, I've gotten a few steel cents that way.
 
Only one I ever found int he wild was from my wife's change jar, but I don't search cents too often. Now if you have a ryedale you'd probably find them occasionally since you can do so much volume
 
By lifting the coin tray slightly on certain TD bank machines and doing a finger sweep [of the magnet] I get between 1 & 3 steel pennies a week.
 
They are around. I got to go through a whole bag brought into a coin shop last year. I picked out about 100 in mint conditon. :tongue3: :tongue3:
 
Not a week goes by that I don't find at least one stuck to the reject magnet at the coin machines I use. Once I got 23. I have seven rolls so far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom