What's new

1945 fiji

vanoldschool

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
720
Reaction score
217
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these two at a torn down house where a 1945 fiji 1 cent was also found. The red one looks Tomatoe red, the Blue one has small viens in it, any info would be appreciated, Sorry about the pics., Oh and The Blue one is smaller then the red
 

Attachments

  • ATT1980339.webp
    ATT1980339.webp
    3 KB · Views: 258
Just a hunch (as I have a lot to learn about marbles): these look suspiciously like game pieces-- like Chinese Checkers or Aggravation (board game) marbles.
 
I dug the blue one up yesterday..

..out here in my Mojave Desert ghost town dump. And yes,my marble is unlike other colored game marbles in that it too has veins in it. Which makes me think it was'nt a game marble. I've dug up lots of old game marbles and each is solid color. Game marbles if they're red,black,white,blue,etc are solid color. If there's veins or swirls in them they're probably not game marbles. But they could be. I'm not the world's biggest expert on marbles.
 
yup...those are game marbles...different companies used different formulas so theres gonna be differences....remember that marbles are used as agitators in paint cans and many other industrial uses...in other words not all marbles are created equal....theres millions of common marbles out there floatin around...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom