What's new

1945 Walking Liberty Half Dollar, 18?? Shield Nickel, and some other thingy.

Dust Eater

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
271
Reaction score
1,128
Golden Thread
2
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welp, I went to a plowed field and the very first signal I dug was a 1945 Walking Liberty Half Dollar. A great start even though everything else was trash. Later I went to a late 1800s school house foundation where I dug up a Shield nickel. Unfortunately it's in rough shape and I haven't been able to read the date.
whBJSUc.jpg
zrFxkV5.jpg
PGHw82g.jpg

I also dug these weird threaded knobs in two separate locations at the school house (I think they're brass). They're about as long as the half dollar, and about as wide as a quarter.
Any ideas/guesses as to what these things went to?
olqTWC3.jpg
tTN9YiC.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 10
congrats on the silver!
Those threaded things I believe are ox knobs. Placed on the horns, then the top part of the horn was cut off to remove the point.
 
I could be wrong, but I think your threaded things are oxknobs
 
So that's what they are! Thanks!
Learning something new every day.
 
Nice looking coins!!!!! Those are great.
 
So that's what they are! Thanks!
Learning something new every day.

this site is ridiculous with its knowledgeable members!, helped me learn so much
 
A walker is always a welcome sight. Congratulations
 
Definitely ox knobs ... And those two coins are on my bucket list . Congratulations
 
Nice ox knobs, you found two, I only found one, of course I had found one other the year before but threw it in the brass bucket thinking it was a plumbing fitting, lol Nice coins too, halfs are always cool!
 
Somebody found some ox knobs.vanzutphen
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom