What's new

1950 fast food

fair.play said:
Gypsy Heart said:
The only fast food we got was straight from the kitchen...Campbells tomato soup and grilled cheese
The absolute best! Cut a pair of grilled-cheese sandwiches on the angle, dip 'em in the soup......Mmmmmmm......
Yeaa...Buddy........Mum Mum delicious.
 
WSD,
I remember the Woolworth's lunch counter had balloons blown up with little pieces of paper inside with a number on it. If you popped the balloon you got your bannana split for whatever the number was.

grilled cheese+tomato soup....yes........BUT.....it's gotta be velveeta :)
 
Can someone explain what a malted milk is?
I have seen and tried the malted milk balls and didn't care for them.

I liked the little juke boxes at the booths. Flipping though song list and waiting forever for it to play.

We had Isley's (sp) up in Pgh. I can still taste the chip/chopped ham.
Or mom would put it in a pot with BBQ sauce and make cheap ham bbq.
 
Ashleen said:
WSD,
I remember the Woolworth's lunch counter had balloons blown up with little pieces of paper inside with a number on it. If you popped the balloon you got your bannana split for whatever the number was.

grilled cheese+tomato soup....yes........BUT.....it's gotta be velveeta :)
Obviously! :wink:
 
grilled cheese+tomato soup....yes........BUT.....it's gotta be velveeta
===================================================
Without a doubt. :thumbsup: That's the only way.
 
Inflation – 1950 Dollar Worth Only 12 Cents Today

A .30 sandwich in 1950 would be equivalent to a price of $2.50 in 2008

Prices for food were just about the same factoring in inflation.

An ounce of gold has always purchased a new suit. Its purchasing value is consistently the same.

That menu brought back pleasant memories. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom