goldencoin Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2005 Messages 5,669 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 31, 2008 #1 Can anyone well versed in canadian coins tell me which type this is? thanks HH -GC Attachments IMG_2673.webp 69.5 KB · Views: 1,292 IMG_2674.webp 57.3 KB · Views: 1,644 Upvote 0
VERMONTPACKRAT Bronze Member Joined Aug 6, 2007 Messages 2,243 Reaction score 391 Golden Thread 0 Location Topsham, Vermont Detector(s) used Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250 Jul 31, 2008 #2 I say 1953 SF Near. There is a shoulder fold and NO shoulder fold variety on the obverse. Also a far maple lear and near maple leaf variety for the reverse. I say yours is a "Shoulder fold, Near" My book puts a coin in EF-40 at $2.00 VPR
I say 1953 SF Near. There is a shoulder fold and NO shoulder fold variety on the obverse. Also a far maple lear and near maple leaf variety for the reverse. I say yours is a "Shoulder fold, Near" My book puts a coin in EF-40 at $2.00 VPR
goldencoin Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2005 Messages 5,669 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 31, 2008 Thread Owner #3 thanks, it was a real tough time figuring out if the leaves were near or far- oh well, $2.00 is more than what I paid for it- thanks! HH -GC
thanks, it was a real tough time figuring out if the leaves were near or far- oh well, $2.00 is more than what I paid for it- thanks! HH -GC
VERMONTPACKRAT Bronze Member Joined Aug 6, 2007 Messages 2,243 Reaction score 391 Golden Thread 0 Location Topsham, Vermont Detector(s) used Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250 Jul 31, 2008 #4 Is it possible to get a better picture of the back? A closer look at the maple leaf would make up my mind for sure. VPR
Is it possible to get a better picture of the back? A closer look at the maple leaf would make up my mind for sure. VPR
goldencoin Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2005 Messages 5,669 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 1, 2008 Thread Owner #5 This was as good as I could get it HH -GC Attachments IMG_2675.webp 35.6 KB · Views: 576
VERMONTPACKRAT Bronze Member Joined Aug 6, 2007 Messages 2,243 Reaction score 391 Golden Thread 0 Location Topsham, Vermont Detector(s) used Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250 Aug 1, 2008 #6 Here is what I am going by. More opinions? Hope this helps......... VPR