1954 wheat penny while metal detecting.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

image.jpg

I was out metal detecting in my yard again today. As I was walking, my detector went off. After pinpointing the position of the object, I dug one scoop with my small shovel. I couldn’t find anything, so I detected again. It wasn’t there anymore. Then I looked around in the dirt I removed. Nothing. I decided to detect again, and the object was detected in a different spot a few inches away. I knew then I dug it up, I just had to find it.

In the end, I found it, a nice 1954 wheat penny!

My first wheat penny while metal detecting!

Jared

Upvote 18
OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where there is wheat, there is often silver. Keep at it :thumbsup:

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking.

So far, I have found one quarter, one nickel, five dimes, and eight pennies on my property.

8F41DD6A-3F17-44C3-A539-8CD395C34E86.jpeg

Only one coin is a wheat penny. No silver yet. Closest I came was a 1966 dime.

I’m going to keep looking later.

I’m also going to start a new thread on the general discussion about all the coins I found so far.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2097538

View attachment 2097539

I was out metal detecting in my yard again today. As I was walking, my detector went off. After pinpointing the position of the object, I dug one scoop with my small shovel. I couldn’t find anything, so I detected again. It wasn’t there anymore. Then I looked around in the dirt I removed. Nothing. I decided to detect again, and the object was detected in a different spot a few inches away. I knew then I dug it up, I just had to find it.

In the end, I found it, a nice 1954 wheat penny!

My first wheat penny while metal detecting!

Jared
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sorry, I have no idea what that is. This is the detector I am using.

I got it at hobby lobby, just to see if I would like it. I decided to started with something cheap before I get into the expensive equipment.

Many of us started with Bounty Hunters. I found a nice 1715 artifact with my BH Time Ranger on a Ft Pierce beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread