What's new

1954

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
That was the year of my #2000 wheat found this year.

I hit my goal with one scant week to go. 2000 wheats for the year. :-)

I stopped and looked at it to see what it was. It was a 1954 plain for my 200th wheat.

I am a little above that now, and shall post final year end numbers next week. But i hit my 2,000 wheats, and also my 100 40% silvers (Which is a good day for some of you, I know I know ...)

Now I"m looking for some 2009 quarters this week. Something to find that is hard to get and get attainable. I get one to five every box it seems. I'm slowly adding to get a roll of each of the territories. :-)

To everyone once again - have a Merry Christmas. Remember Christ is the reason for the season (even if He was probably born in the spring, when the shepherds would be out with their flocks. LOL. But we should celebrate it at some point each year, and someone chose December, so I'm good with that)
 
Upvote 0
jrf30 said:
That was the year of my #2000 wheat found this year.

I hit my goal with one scant week to go. 2000 wheats for the year. :-)

I stopped and looked at it to see what it was. It was a 1954 plain for my 200th wheat.

I am a little above that now, and shall post final year end numbers next week. But i hit my 2,000 wheats, and also my 100 40% silvers (Which is a good day for some of you, I know I know ...)

Now I"m looking for some 2009 quarters this week. Something to find that is hard to get and get attainable. I get one to five every box it seems. I'm slowly adding to get a roll of each of the territories. :-)

To everyone once again - have a Merry Christmas. Remember Christ is the reason for the season (even if He was probably born in the spring, when the shepherds would be out with their flocks. LOL. But we should celebrate it at some point each year, and someone chose December, so I'm good with that)

Congrats on reaching your goal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Merry Christmas !
Rich
 
jrf30 said:
That was the year of my #2000 wheat found this year.

I hit my goal with one scant week to go. 2000 wheats for the year. :-)

I stopped and looked at it to see what it was. It was a 1954 plain for my 200th wheat.

I am a little above that now, and shall post final year end numbers next week. But i hit my 2,000 wheats, and also my 100 40% silvers (Which is a good day for some of you, I know I know ...)

Now I"m looking for some 2009 quarters this week. Something to find that is hard to get and get attainable. I get one to five every box it seems. I'm slowly adding to get a roll of each of the territories. :-)

To everyone once again - have a Merry Christmas. Remember Christ is the reason for the season (even if He was probably born in the spring, when the shepherds would be out with their flocks. LOL. But we should celebrate it at some point each year, and someone chose December, so I'm good with that)

i need us virgin islands and amaricam samoa if you have them and want to work a trade
 
Nice goal to reach. Any highlights in the 2000 that stand out?

Maine_Jim
 
thats a lot of wheaties!
 
I'll post my list of finds in a week. need so sort this last batch. :-)

Fisher, I'll PM you
 
Good job on #2,000. You should make a New Year's Resolution to find 2,500 wheats next year!! That way you'll have put together an entire box. Happy Holidays!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Congrats on that goal and Merry Christmas too you as well. How many boxes did you have to search to reach 2000?
 
It took 318 boxes to get 2,000 wheats. 795,000 coins. And actually that gave me 2,004 wheats after that box was finished. That's 6.3 wheats per box. But that is skewed, because I had some loose rolls that were full of wheats this year. The true box average was about 5.2 wheats per box. They come in small amounts out here. I also have 128,000 coppers from this year. (16.1% copper. Lower than I thought, but the new pennies creeped in near the end of the year and that lowered the amount of copper obviously.)
 
Good job!
1957-D was #7,000 for me this year!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom