What's new

1955 cent DD?

snappy

Full Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
doing cents today found this 1955 the last 5 looks doubled have a look let me know what you think. sorry the pictures are not the best.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that what's referred to as a "Poor Man's Double Die" as the true 55 DDO has prominent doubling in all the lettering and date on the obverse. Still worth something, though. I've certainly never found one. nice find!
 
It's called a "poor man's" double die. It was caused by over-polishing the die from which it was struck. Many years ago, coin dealers were charging, and getting, a small premium for them. That is no longer the case. It is now considered nothing more than a novelty, and is actually worth no more than the common 1955 cent. I've recovered almost 3 rolls of them over the years. I "WISH" there was a premium. I'd be extremely happy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom