What's new

1965 halve

Thanks, today was a good day . Bought 5 rolls and got 2 90% and 5 40%.
 
Yup, that's a good day, just so you know, any year 1964 & older are all 90%, 65-69 are the 40%er's
 
Oh, bye the way, Do you guys look at at us new guys like we are stupid? I only post because I have a question or think I did good. Sorry if I seem stupid but I just started this.
Dirt Diver
 
Thanks, Segar 98
 
seger98 said:
Yup, that's a good day, just so you know, any year 1964 & older are all 90%, 65-69 are the 40%er's

Actually, 1970 is 40% too, but these are harder to find because they were NIFC. Also, there are some special 40% 1976 S silver coins (both proof and non-proof), and some 90% silver proofs from some of the 90's years and forward.

If unsure whether a coin is silver, clink it against a known clad. Cannot mistake the sound of silver, whether a 40 or 90.

Jim
 
Thanks, Jim
 
jim4silver said:
seger98 said:
Yup, that's a good day, just so you know, any year 1964 & older are all 90%, 65-69 are the 40%er's

Actually, 1970 is 40% too, but these are harder to find because they were NIFC. Also, there are some special 40% 1976 S silver coins (both proof and non-proof), and some 90% silver proofs from some of the 90's years and forward.

If unsure whether a coin is silver, clink it against a known clad. Cannot mistake the sound of silver, whether a 40 or 90.

Jim


Yup, I totaly blanked them out! thanks for picking up the slack!
 
pic 1 is my retirement, pic 2 is beer money!
 

Attachments

  • scan0003.webp
    scan0003.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCN0088.webp
    DSCN0088.webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 289
Hey Dirt Diver, We don´t look down on you if you are new. We were all there at one time and heck many are newbies on this forum. There is also a wealth of knowledge you can get from the guys that have been around the block a time or two. 1965 through 1970 are 40%. And supposedly there were some 40% 1971 and 73 kens made but I have never seen one found on this forum. Anybody correct me if I am wrong.

Golden Silver
 
Welcome and good luck !!
 
dirt diver said:
Oh, bye the way, Do you guys look at at us new guys like we are stupid? I only post because I have a question or think I did good. Sorry if I seem stupid but I just started this.
Dirt Diver

No.......... and yes..... Maybe......... Been there done that.

You can also sort subject matter on ths forum. There is a filter box on the bottom or sort by title. play with some of the filtering tools on this site to help your search.

Go out and get the Red Book price guide, and use the thing your staring at right now....... it's amazing what you can lern out on the net........ Google....

Mojo
 
dirt diver said:
Oh, bye the way, Do you guys look at at us new guys like we are stupid? I only post because I have a question or think I did good. Sorry if I seem stupid but I just started this.
Dirt Diver

No, this forum is as much about learning as it is sharing.

However, the opening post on this forum is designed for newbies, kind of an FAQ for CRH, and (if read first) would seem to answer most of the questions that get asked.

Good luck.
 
golden silver said:
Hey Dirt Diver, We don´t look down on you if you are new. We were all there at one time and heck many are newbies on this forum. There is also a wealth of knowledge you can get from the guys that have been around the block a time or two. 1965 through 1970 are 40%. And supposedly there were some 40% 1971 and 73 kens made but I have never seen one found on this forum. Anybody correct me if I am wrong.

Golden Silver

The 1971 D and 1977 D are the errors that you are looking for. Some were erroneously struck on 40% silver planchets. Good luck trying to find one though. I think it would be easier to find a 1970.
 
The latter year proofs were struck in 90%, as well as clad. Several silver ones have been found, I have found 3 or 4.
 
welcome to the CHR. BTW, is that a giant fox in your avatar?

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom