What's new

1966 $100 red seal?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I scored a $100 red seal from the bank last week. I see on Heritage they are asking more than $500 for a certified one. This one has a slight tear. I know little about currency, does this destroy most the extra value? Should I just spend it?

Maine_Jim
 
Don't remember the year but I did see one on Feebay go for $145. It was a red seal $100
 
It's a good note to find in circulation but the tear will take away value. If you are just going to spend it I would give you $110 for it since I do need that series for my collection. PM me if interested.
 
Red Seal '66 is a Legal Tender Note (Series of 1966 or 1966-A).
Recent retail values for VF-20 conditions range from $165 to $400.
$165 for Granahan/Fowler
$400 for Granahan/Fowler ('star' bill)
$225 for Elston/Kennedy (Series A)
The tear will further adversely affect its value.
Don.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom