Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought a barracuda off of craigslist in Knoxville about a week ago. I have had several mopars in the past but I sold my last one about ten years ago .It was a 67 barracuda also.I am in stationed in North Dakota so my brother who lives in Knoxville went to pick it up for me. It is sopposed to have a 340 engine and it has a 4 speed tranny but I will have to wait to verify the engine to see if it is a 340. It was driven on and off the trailer and we were told that the engine was rebuilt a few years ago.My brother took this video of them picking up the car. Of course he got more video of his son then the car.LOL

https://home.comcast.net/~tnunley/barracuda.wmv

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat project. the way it leans would concern me. Hopefully just a torsion bar adjustment or at worst, a broken bar. A-bodies have a rep for the t-bat crossmember rusting so the anchors let loose and spin.
I hope the fenders are nice, they're expensive!

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark the torsion bar is adjusted all the way out for some reason and it has a flat tire . The fenders are straight and rust free but one of the back quarters is full of body filler.I am sure that it will hold some surprises once I get up under it,but it is pretty much all there. In a couple of months I am going down for a visit and I am going to look over the car real good. I paid 1800 for it and it seems to have potential so it will be a fun project once I get back down south where I can work on it in the future. The good thing is that the property where it is being stored is very historic .The house was built in 1830 and there are several out buildings .Some of the outbuildings are said to be old slave quarters . I get to mess with the car and make a list of every thing that it needs then treasure hunt till night fall.Pretty much the best vacation ever. ;D

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be looking for parts for it if anybody is in NC and has some stuff to sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread