What's new

1970 D & S Kennedy Halves - How Scarce?

Megalodon

Silver Member
Joined
May 13, 2018
Messages
2,664
Reaction score
4,376
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These coins were only distributed in mint and proof sets - but so were other halves and yet we find those. Why no 1970s?

Has anyone done a population analysis of the 40% halves by date? IMO, we should be seeing more 1970s in CRH - if the mintage records are correct.
 
Upvote 0
Coincrazed: I think I know who you are referring to, right. I would think of the 70-S as a sleeping giant, we all know he's out there, but no one can find him.
 
I've found about a dozen. I remember the first one, it came from a drive-up teller. Asked for halves and she said she had one and handed me a mint state 70-d. The others came in all the usual ways, boxes, tellers, customer rolls. Seems like about one a year so they are pretty darn rare.

Maine_Jim
 
I've found 4 70d and 2 70s. You can crunch the numbers all you want but I think being in the right place at the right time is just as important.
 
I’ve found 2, 70D, and 1, 70S in the equivalent of about 170 boxes. I consider myself lucky.

Lookin' at your avatar and presuming you found all that yellow stuff sittin' there in your palm I consider yourself lucky too!!!
 
But if you do, you have to oversensationalize it and add theatrics to it to get attention and views. Post a pic of yourself making an 'O' face, bugging your eyes out and looking at it on a table, and put all caps in the subject line.

Bravo.
 
I've found 6 1970 'S' and 4 'D'
Also 5 each 1987 'P', 'D' and 'S'
Of course, it took searching over a quarter million dollars in halves over the years. Wish I could afford to get back into it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom