What's new

1970 Roosevelt Dime. Error? Damage? Something Else?

blauer

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
463
Reaction score
666
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
As soon as I received this dime as change, I knew something was up with it. I took the loop to it, and this is what I saw:

d4.jpg
d3.jpg
d2.jpg
d1.jpg


The obverse (at least the rim) appears very thin and separating a bit from the core; to the extent that I feel I can slip my fingernail under and peel it off. The gold color on the coin is also strange to me. It doesn't look like toning but more like a partial layer of gold plating.

So, my question to everyone: Is this an error, damage or something else?

Thanks
 
Environmental damage.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom