What's new

1970 S Kennedy Questions

pegleg

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hell's Cotton Field- NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Found one today in some loose halves. Looks BU! What is the silver content of the 1970 s proof? Is it 40% or 90%????
 
Upvote 0
Four- oh, bro.
 
Congrats on that S proof! I found my '70 after 6 mos (hand roll). I did not find a '70 S proof. Wow, I believe that coin would fetch a premium. AMC
 
AMC rulz said:
Congrats on that S proof! I found my '70 after 6 mos (hand roll). I did not find a '70 S proof. Wow, I believe that coin would fetch a premium. AMC

You can actually get more $$$ from a coin dealer for a BU 70 D than a proof 70S. I guess there are more proof sets out there than mint sets?? The proofs are alot prettier to look at though in my opinion.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
AMC rulz said:
Congrats on that S proof! I found my '70 after 6 mos (hand roll). I did not find a '70 S proof. Wow, I believe that coin would fetch a premium. AMC

You can actually get more $$$ from a coin dealer for a BU 70 D than a proof 70S. I guess there are more proof sets out there than mint sets?? The proofs are alot prettier to look at though in my opinion.

Jim

That's kind of what i thought! I'd post a pic but can't get rid of the glare. It looks like it was just removed from the set.

Thanks all for the quick replies!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I would slab and protect that baby. I would never sell! HH, AMC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom