What's new

1971 and 1977 Halfs

RED THUNDER

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
308
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
1971 and 1977 Half's

Does anyone know about the half,s dated 1971,1977 that were mistakenly minted in

silver clad or ever came across any of em?

Red Thunder
 
Upvote 0
Re: 1971 and 1977 Half's

Have heard about them, but they are extremely rare, and the chances of finding one are astronomical. The 71's were caused by some left over silver planchets from 70, and the 77's from some left over silver planchets from 76.
 
Re: 1971 and 1977 Half's

Found one of the silver clad 1971 halves a while back. They are easily spotted while edge hunting and they weigh more than a standard
40%er. Would like to know the value and if it would be worth sending off to be verified and slabbed.
 
Re: 1971 and 1977 Half's

I found a 1971 also. Any one know of the value?
 
Re: 1971 and 1977 Half's

I found a 71 and 76 that look to be silver now that you mention it. I saw them and just put them up.
They Both Have Bright Silver around the edge and Sound Different Then Clad when there dropped.
I dont see any Copper On them at all.

CC
 
Re: 1971 and 1977 Half's

I had both a 71 and a 77. I coulda swore they were 40%, but because I did not know they actually were, I dumped them with the rest because they were not 1965-1970. They had your standard black edges, and silver look, but I was ignorant.

My bad....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom