What's new

1974S

kd5txx

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I got a 1974S half today. Is it silver clad? I usually only concentrate on pre 70 so I'm not sure.

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
I think the 1974-S is clad. No silver.
rileyboy
 
listen for the "Ping" if you can't see the copper on the side.
Could be silver. I think they are copper though.
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
That would be a clad Proof.
It'd have to be to be Silver a proof S mint and many of even them are NOT Silver too.
 
There were no silver 1974 Kennedy halves---proof, mint strike or otherwise.

Jim
 
I'd still keep it if it's in top shape. I like proofs, they just have to be near flawless, or it's not worth hanging on to
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom