What's new

1982 P Half Dollar.....little help

alpha105

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
853
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ran across this in my recent box.......It has a very faint trace of the G.....but absoultly no f in the FG. Note: this observation is with the bare eye but......theres no sign of it ever having been on there......let me know what u think......no way to take pics atm
 
Upvote 0
no way to take pics atm

Why are you trying to take pictures of an ATM when you have a coin in question? By the way, I have better success using live tellers for CRHing. Now trying to get money for CRHing absolutely use the ATM.
 
ATM = At The Moment
 
I have found a few with varying degriss of visibility like you describe ( the F or G missing) but as I understand it, and according to previous posters here, there must not be any trace of the FG at all.

And I have not heard or seen any price guidence on this error. :dontknow:

Mojo
 
in a coin magazine I hvae there is an ad from a dealer who sells error coins and he has these varieties listed:
1966 no FG
1966 no F
1973D no F
1982 no FG
1982 no F
1983 no FG
1983 no F
1988 no FG
 
And the plot thickens..... Personally, I only save one if there is NO trace of the f or g (while examining the coin under a loupe). I believe the idea behind the "no fg" is that it was inadvertently left off of the die. I have seen many with only one letter visible, and I simply chalk that up to wear, or the coin being struck by a die in it's last stages of life(late die state). I have never heard of a die including or excluding only one of the letters, but hey, we are all here to learn! Good luck, Gpurs..
 
here is a pic of his ad............look at those prices :o ;D
 

Attachments

  • S6301501.webp
    S6301501.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 238
GPURS said:
Holy crap :dontknow: :dontknow:, maybe I'm missing something here ???.. Gpurs..

Does this mean I gotta re-search the over 6 million halves that thave passed through my fingers. :tard:

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom