1983 & Prodigy

Just Joe

Dec 3, 2015
Brimfield, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I'm Joe and long ago there were a group of us that started talking Metal Detecting on something called "P" or Prodigy. Also advanced to MDEA & MDEA2

TreasureNet came along I was wondering if anyone here remembers the "P" group & currently is on TreasureNet.

I tried asking the webmaster about the History of TreasureNet but he is only 5 years ago....... I once wrote a couple of articles for Western & Eastern Treasure but

that too was long ago.

Any, thought I would say hello.... and join in the fun.

Joe

metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Joe! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Welcome to TNet....

I remember Prodigy, but I never used it. Was on Compuserve for a while (March of '83), but due to the expense and long distance calls, I morphed into local BBS's, Telnet, and FTP sites. There were quite a number of metal detecting discussion groups even then. Up to about 3 years ago I was still doing the FTP sites, and metal detecting forums were still there, but very little activity due to the fact that WWW had taken over. Much easier to use. Us old nerds were forced into the modern era.

Hello All:
Thanks for the greeting, yes, it has been awhile but I have detecting on and off for years. Sold my detectors, bought others, was a White's Dealer for awhile but life got in the way of my doing things so.... I moved on. Now retired from teaching Industrial Arts, but I'm often subbing at the local schools. Started a new company where I am an ATF Federal Firearms Dealer and an NRA Certified Firearms Trainer (Ha still teaching). Just getting older and want to do more metal detecting which does get me out.
Ohio, is difficult as too many places now forbid it and private people to allow it few. Sometimes just does not seem worth the hassle but I have to try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back