What's new

1992 d penny

sproatz

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
256
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found a 1992 d penny that has doubling on both sides and has a wide AM. Is it rare? Is it valuable?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Upvote 0
The rare 1992 penny is a close AM
 
Ok

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
The doubling is probably MD also.
 
I wish I could take pics but I can't with my phone. It truly looks like a double die.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
It may appear "doubled" but its probably machine doubling.
 
Can anyone help please

Hi I have a 1992 d and possibly DDO and DDR, I'm very new and needed someone's more experienced advise. Also I have a penny which is very rare to see but wanted to know if there was any value to it, thanks
 

Attachments

  • Picture_20183321053301.webp
    Picture_20183321053301.webp
    238.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture_20183621053629.webp
    Picture_20183621053629.webp
    489.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Picture_20184921054925.webp
    Picture_20184921054925.webp
    610.8 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture_20185221055242.webp
    Picture_20185221055242.webp
    597.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 1532215543549682843035.webp
    1532215543549682843035.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 1532215745503523258518.webp
    1532215745503523258518.webp
    150.8 KB · Views: 85
Really should have started your own post, but welcome to the forum! What your 92 has is pushed plating, not doubling. I don't understand your question on the 2nd coin. All I see is damage. What are you seeing?
 
Thank u for the reply and for the second I had no idea and have never seen this kind of damage on a coin before, just unusual, but thanks again for clearing my questions
 
Enamel7 is 100% correct. I would suggest, if you have a continued interest in coins, that you obtain a few guidebooks on errors. Learning the entire manufacturing process would also be helpful, particularly the making of planchettes, and the making of working dies.

Too late for more coffee.
 
Thank u for the reply and for the second I had no idea and have never seen this kind of damage on a coin before, just unusual, but thanks again for clearing my questions

Damage has no value and nearly impossible to know how some happens.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom