What's new

1999D Jefferson Nickel error coin found while coin roll hunting..Whats the value?

Mountainrunner

Greenie
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1999D Jefferson Nickel error coin found while coin roll hunting..What's the value?

Hello all,
Recently, while coin roll hunting nickels, I came across this 1999D Jefferson Nickel error and would like to know it's value, or at least where I can go to get it appraised. I have done some research but haven't up until now been able to find exactly what it is other than it has been struck at least 5 times on the obverse side. Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Rick
 

Attachments

  • 1999 D Jefferson Nickel error.webp
    1999 D Jefferson Nickel error.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 667
Have you posted in CRH?
Very interesting pic. Is there a reverse pic in thumbnail? If so, it won't load for me.
You will have to submit to PCGS or others for value.
I hope you have something unique.
GL
Peace ✌
 
that's one messed up nickel... nice!
 
Interesting nickel, thank for sharing.
 
Hi; I wonder if there are more.??? PEACE:RONB
 
Very interesting. It appears to be a multiple strike through error. There may have been a protective cap on the die when it was put into use. If someone forgot to take it off it would be a strike through error. It could have been some sort of the plastic and the coin stuck to it and as a result was struck multiple times. This is just speculation but appears to fit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom