ahammer14

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
erie, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lone star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been looking into history of my property, looks like there was atleast 1 store on it. The other store may have been on my neighbors property. I think it could make for some good metal detecting. The one store was 3 stories and included a ball room and horse racing track.. FB23989E-B486-4F8B-B1AE-997ECE07A160.png

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like potential. Need some local help? Ill let you know within 20 min if its a decent site. Haha. Find the iron then take it slow. Good Luck

OP
OP
A

ahammer14

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
erie, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lone star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dfallis1, where’s abouts are you? I don’t make it out much (wife and 2 kids).. but I do like to go out some, and wouldn’t even be opposed to people coming with me places I know about. I pretty much just do it for the adventure of it and like history. Although I have found me a couple silver coins

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately it might be a bit too far for a day trip. Im just below the Mason Dixon Line which puts us nearly 7 hr apart. I have two people I go out with all the time, met both from here on Tnet. You can meet some good people from here and very educated on their history. I have never been up to the great lakes, its being added to my list. Haha.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats souns like alot of fun good luck my friend

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course I don't know where on that map your location is but I did some overlays. Looks like sometime after your map published they cut in a canal up to the main junction point of the town. Both sides of this canal is very good potential but it looks like some new construction has taken place. Something that caught my eye was a empty lot across from Fat Willies Wing House. Looks to be the location of a fairly large farm house. Anywhere on both sides of Rt99 up to about 1 mile north of the junction. There was many early houses and stores. Theres a pretty large farm on the east side of 99 close to town, looks good. I personally would start there, enough land to keep you busy for a long time. I hope this helps, any questions feel free to drop a message.

OP
OP
A

ahammer14

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
erie, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lone star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you are looking in edinboro.. I’m in mclane which is a couple miles north on rt 99.. there’s a lot of history all around here. And yeah you are far away from me lol

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1549481630.758456.jpg
Have you pulled down aerials from your property? Try googling Penn Pilot. The imagery is pretty high res and I use them as overlays on Google Earth.

OP
OP
A

ahammer14

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2012
erie, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lone star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I’ve used penn live, pretty cool but couldnnt seem to get real good resolution. As you can see from the photo you found, lots of farms and open land. Where I’m at though was a little village with a post office and churches and stuff. Lots of cool history. The cemetery is just past the back of my property and I’ve found a lot of the old names of people that lived here. Even involvement in the civil war. My road used to be a plank road, literally made of wooden planks.im
Hoping to find find some cool stuff this spring/summer. Any buddy ever try metal detecting in a dirt floor crawl space?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread