What's new

1st axe head

flashyace

Full Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2013
Messages
103
Reaction score
115
Golden Thread
0
Location
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Got out for my first time at my mother in laws. I was digging up just a bunch of junk then my I finally got this about 3 inches down and 4 feet away from the waters edge. My 1st axe, dont know much about it but I am surely stoked
Any info on it would be great
 

Attachments

  • 1445636562358.webp
    1445636562358.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 1445636578394.webp
    1445636578394.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 1445636598760.webp
    1445636598760.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 6
THAT... is an awesome looking axe! Very cool... :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the axe.
You can let it soak in Cider Vinegar for a few day and then tap the surface rust off of it. Repeat as needed.
 
I found quite a number of axes in 8 years, even a really old trade axe. I got so now I might just throw the common ones in a ditch, but I'll admit I probably would have brought that one home, it looks quite cool.

Vinegar is a great cleaning method for old iron. WAY better that electrolysis IMO. Slower maybe, but better.

For the record I gave my trade axe to my digging buggy ZDD as he seemed to like more than I did.
 
NEAT OLE AXE HEAD .
 
That is a dandy :icon_thumleft:
 
GREAT HEAD!! got a similar one last year from a bottle dump. sold it on Feebay, they look great on the mantle. old iron sells, as we said in the car business---there is an a$$ for every seat:-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom