BlackX
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Oct 7, 2006
- Messages
- 341
- Reaction score
- 43
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Shenandoah Valley
- Detector(s) used
- Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Went in to a bank where I'd found they had halves before--most don't that I've asked here--and bought all they had. Turned out to be one roll shy of a full box. 980 halves later, I ended up w/ one proof/S. (Can't remember what year--I'm at work right now getting ready to go home.) That was pretty darn close to skunked. Can't get much closer.
While looking for errors, I noticed a lot of them, but particularly '71 coins, had striations in the metal near-vertically between the date and the bottom of the bust. What's that from?
Out of the $100 or so I'd gotten from there previously, I'd at least ended up w/ one 40% JFK.
My daughter had fun helping me though and they're fun to give out for tips.
While looking for errors, I noticed a lot of them, but particularly '71 coins, had striations in the metal near-vertically between the date and the bottom of the bust. What's that from?
Out of the $100 or so I'd gotten from there previously, I'd at least ended up w/ one 40% JFK.
My daughter had fun helping me though and they're fun to give out for tips.
Upvote
0







