What's new

Christmas came early

CJ9

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2018
Messages
619
Reaction score
1,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
So this goes back to the week before Thanksgiving when I went into a Wells Fargo in Manhattan in a part of town that I am not in all that often. I had gotten some dimes (skunk) and had asked for halves. The head teller said that she had $50 or so but I would need to come back because she couldn't get them right now (likely in the vault and they need 2 people to go in there to open it). I said I can't but I could come back next week (which was Thanksgiving week), but she said that she is out. So I said the week after Thanksgiving and she said she would have them. I went back the Wednesday after Thanksgiving, and just my luck she was off that day - but all was not lost - one of the other tellers had $5 in loose halves and out of those there was 1 1967 40%.

Freezing my ass off (was cold and windy here yesterday), I was able to get back over there yesterday, and she was there, and said that there were $20 in halves (don't know where the other $20 or $30 went but doesn't matter at this point) and I took them. Usually when I see these type of rolls I feel like I am getting the remnants of someone's box search. I walk outside and open the end and to my surprise there was a Walker. Then I see the whole roll is solid Walkers. I quickly look at the second roll and the same thing.

This game is all about numbers (volume) and luck. More luck than anything. If you look enough at some point a big find shows up.

Thanks for looking, and HH x2 (happy hunting and holidays)

halves1 12-15.webp
halves2 12-15.webp
halves3 12-15.webp
halves4 12-15.webp
 
Upvote 0
Your best price (if you want to sell) will be online to a website that buy and sells PMs (Money Metals, APMEX, etc).
Today with spot silver at $66, they are buying at $41 per $1 FV of 90% silver coins which is about $56 per oz.
thanks. I always looked at BGASC and APMEX, but you clued me into MoneyMetals and it seems as if they are the most aggressive buyers. Thanks
 
That happened to me once about 20 years ago, the bank had 32 customer rolls, well most of them were mine I had already checked but I took them all anyway. AND TWO of them were solid WALKERS! Best find ever! So I know exactly how you feel. I still have them - I have never sold a single silver find ever!

View attachment 2238211
Yes, this has happened to me a few times over the past 25 years or so (more so around the turn of the century). And like you, I have never sold any coin that I have found. But with silver at $75 and some places paying close to 50x face, I figure I will sell some of the stuff that is in the worst condition (I had been putting them in a jar for a number of years) that I really don't want and that literally have no value other than silver (worn, damaged, scratched, etc.). These pics are some of them - if I go through my collection I can probably easily come up with more. I also have some heavily worn war nickels (I didn't take a pic) that I will also sell with these.

junk to sell 3.webp
junk to sell1.webp
junk to sell2.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom