What's new

1st ever silver spill-------a repeatable hit?___NOT, the Colonial farm land

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 hour hunt, after 1 1/2 hours I have a total 39 cents clad for my time. a DEEP iron bouncy with random chirp peaks my interest. no way I leave without paying for the 2 bucks in gas:BangHead:. at 9" a piece of iron wire on the wall of hole--yeah--I gots me treasure!!! look at the mound of dirt--see an edge like the day before. OK, another pulltab causing the bounce---NOPE---ROSIE. sweep hole again--more iron, a bearing:dontknow:or iron roundball??--measures .62". sweep again---chirp, chirp--- another Rosie____sweep again, chirp---wheatie down another 2" more IMG_3904.webp. 5 items in 1 hole, the lesson is ---repeatable or bounce, trust your machine, ya' might get lucky and ya' might get a handle:BangHead:on what 's worth diggin']IMG_3900.webp. Hmmmm, my gas is covered, gittin' dark, another scratchy 72, rotted Zincoln:dontknow::dontknow:nope, brass dome buttonIMG_3903.webpIMG_3902.webp8-). now it's dark, so last hole is bouncy 60's--a deep IH??---nope___ down 10" a major cool brass & rust pocket knifeIMG_3898.webpIMG_3899.webp:laughing7::laughing7:. back for more today:dontknow::dontknow:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 38
Well done PEA! That knife looks old to me.

Good luck sir!
 
Nice double Rosey spill! Those little squeaks can get you a good surprise even in hunted out and iron infested areas.
 
Great honey hole!!!
 
Very nice. Thanks for the story
 
Congrats on the finds, and especially that silver spill! I've had some nice silver spills in the past but it's been a long time.
 
Sweet hunt - gotta love a silver coin spill. The knife is really cool, too - congrats!
 
Yep,, that iron was trying to mask the silver.
Congrats on a sweet hunt.
 
I saw that link during my research. the Schrade & Imperial Schrade were made in Ellenville and Walden, NY, Ulster county, this was apparently the previous company and the mid 1800's fits this site along with the button found about 5 feet from the knife. now we wait for the 2 days of rain to get back. hope the wet soil lights up more DEEP hits :----)
Wow, that knife is really cool. It's oooooold. pre 1900's probably... (though the linked example is not exactly the same knife)

This is the only info I can find on it: NEW YORK KNIFE COMPANY POCKET KNIFE ? Horse Soldier
 
sweet finds! If I were you I would be jumping up and down. :laughing7::hello2:
 
That knife is cool.
 
Port--what a cool assortment of finds! That ball and rod thing looks like one of those stress reliever games for an office desk--lol! Don't worry...I know it's not (see...my green is wearing off). Congrats and keep digging! -Lisa
 
Your dialog sounds like my head talking to me while I metal detect, it's how I found that Barber Dime yesterday right next to a piece of iron.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom