What's new

1st hunt of the 2007 season..........simply an AWESOME start!!!

Dreamweaver43

Full Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Got my explorerII out of the closet since there in no snow in southern Wisconsin. Had to go into work for a while, and then I decided I would work an area that I have pounded to death hoping the little frost we've gotten this winter might have moved some stuff around. I didn't expect to find much, but........I managed to haul:

1910D barber dime
1920 wheat penny
1868 Indian head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

I couldn't believe it when I washed off the coin. When I dug it I thought it was 1888, which is about the time frame for the spot. Holy smokes, the coin is in very nice shape!

All the coins were at about 8 inches, just peeping with the WOT coil. Makes me wonder what lies beneath it's reach??? I can't seem to kill this spot.......I had been over the same area 10+ times, and who knows how many others have hit this spot. Unbelievable start for me

Dreamweaver
 

Attachments

  • 1868 IH.webp
    1868 IH.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 597
  • 1910D barber dime.webp
    1910D barber dime.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 670
Upvote 0
Nice finds!

HH
 
Nice finds. I wish I could say my year has started out good. Just spent $ 94.99 for repairs on my M D.

That I H is sure pretty.. maybe a $ 50.00 penny.
 
Beautiful finds DW!!! :o Congrats!!!

Nana :)
 
Yeah, sweet. ;D ;D Nate found an 1868 IH a couple weeks ago. No way as nice as yours. You scored well with that one. Barber dime is also very cool. 8)

Mirage
 
That's a great start...that IH is really sweet!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom