1st hunt on new permission. IH, buttons and other relics.

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been able detect for a couple of weeks, but was still searching for new places to hunt here and there. Ended up Getting permission from a family in my hometown to detect their fields (old farm site) went today and the first hunt went pretty well. Have yet to find any silver or gold at these old sites, but I'm perfectly happy with these old relics.

100_0366.JPG 100_0378.JPG
couple brass spoons, couple UMC shotgun casings, an WRA CO .38 casing, round ball, some old Iron (really like the old axe heads) and my first wheat penny.

100_0368.JPG 100_0369.JPG

These 3 I'm unsure of. The first on the left I thought may be a rosette as it has two weld spots on the back which would make sense for a rectangular shank instead of the one near the middle like a dandy button. The front is ornate and has some gilt on it, but it is fairly thin. The other 2 on right are very heavy and have a thin rectangular hole going through the middle.

100_0370.JPG 100_0372.JPG
The one flat button is quite heavy and thick for its size and has a crown backmark (british button I believe) the other has 'extra rich' on the back, but can't make out bottom.

100_0376.JPG 100_0377.JPG
These are the items I was able to eyeball off the surface while detecting. several ceramic buttons, a broken ceramic leg and a broke, but neat clay bowl piece.

Thanks for looking, good luck :4leafclover:

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread