What's new

1st NJ Seated Dime + 2nd GOLD in as many days

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug my first seated dime in January at 'toasted's ridiculous seated silver field of dreams. But Ray Charles could find seated silver there with a divining rod, so I consider this one to be my first legit seated find. Signal was a 12-42 and deep. Came from around 8". Might have something to do with the rain we got last night.

IMG_6961.webp IMG_6962.webp IMG_6959.webp IMG_6958.webp

Then I got a dime signal at around 4". Flipped the plug and pinpointed metal in the sidewall. Out came a sweet gold bracelet. It didn't even register on the e-trac in an air test, so it was a complete luck find (the dime was in the plug).

IMG_6960.webp IMG_6955.webp

Then I got this sterling watch back. Says "Philadelphia Watch Case Co"..."Sterling"

IMG_6963.webp

Wrapped it up with a Sacagawea Dollar spill and a sweet screw

IMG_6964.webp IMG_6965.webp
 
Upvote 34
You have a streak going! Thank you for sharing and keep it rolling.
 
I got a screw just like that Murray... and a Sac dollar!

Congrats on the other stuff, those are really sweet finds.
 
Congratz on a nice screw! JK, nice surprise GOLD! The Seated is pretty rocking too! You, sir, are on a roll!!!
 
You really have to love those bonus gold chain finds. I have found numerous ones underwater fanning for one target and seeing a gold chain. You have to wonder how many you are missing because no other targets are around also. SAD!! Nice finds.
 
Nice finds...liking the silver!
 
What are the odds of that gold chain with the dime find ? I have a better chance with lottery. Lol. Great finds!!
 
Well, I guess your slump is over,, lol
I am trying very hard to locate the New Jersey Mint Mark on that Seated Dime, but I can't find it anywhere.
Congrats on the Gold and the Screw.
 
Wow Murray you knocked it out of the park congrats
 
Congrats, even though you got screwed in the end. LOL
 
Days like this don't come along everyday. HH.
 
Silver gold and a screw with 2 bucks to boot sweeeeet
 
Seated silver is the ****! Congrats man
 
< no longer just jealous, now I hate you ( professionally of course)
 
Hard to believe how you lucked up on that gold Murray. Any seated (in my eyes) is a great find, no matter where it's dug. You surely had a great day and still a little giddy.
 
You are on a roll.... Nice!
 
That's a great day! Congrats on the silver and gold, and especially ending with a sweet screw!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom