LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my AT Pro Adventure Pack on Monday of last week, thanks again Bart,
4th time out, public park that I hand selected myself. Hand selected as in went on Google, typed "oldest house" in the city in live in, then pulled up GoogleMaps and located the nearest park next to the house. Was only about 4 blocks away so I'll certainly be going there again. Me and my lovely gal arrived early, it was still a crisp 40 something degrees out but the sun was a comin'.
Real quick-She has been out with me 2 of the 4 times I've gone. Months ago when I dropped the news that I wanted to spend hundreds on a detector I was met with quite a bit of backlash lol, but after making a few sacrafices and budgeting money elsewhere(i.e Olive Garden, a couple dresses and a new pair of shoes for my gorgeous Mexi/Apache) things worked out in my favor.
OK. Not two mins into the park, Ping...a penny, newer. Another 2 mins go by, Ping, another penny, newer. Dug up only two pieces of trash, a cog wheel thingy and a pop top. That's soda for you non-WA peeps;).
At this point I'm feeling good, learning my ATP and starting to get the Pro Coin mode sounds down. Next thing I know Ping Beep Bam Kaboom, my AT screams a song that I've never heard before. Constant 80's, a couple times 90 on my TDI. Flashing between 6" and 8". I pinpoint as best as I can, place a twig above where I think it is, and then I began to sink my Garrett Digger for a plug. (Digger kinda sucks btw, I'll be getting a Lesche. The digger bent the 2nd time I was out. I need something that I can put my weight on, 180lbs. When it bent I was like "WTF, I wasn't even pulling that hard!!") Pop the plug out and set it aside. Sweep the hole, nothing, excellent. Sweep the plug, BING BONG KAZAPING. Garrett ProPointer(the shizzle btw:)) the plug, barrrrrinnnnggggg *buuzzzzzzz*. I'm pulling roots apart, two pennys fell out, "woah TWO???!!!" I ProPoint again, "more!?!?!" A total of 6 pennys and 2 dimes, all shoved/stacked tightly together.
I know what you're thinking, big whoop right? WRONG. I've had my detector for 6 days total, found my FIRST pocket spill already and most IMPORTANTLY have gained the confidence that I WILL find coins, and eventually some old coins. It was the finest .26 I've ever seen and I can't tell you all the hope I've gained that I'll find something wonderous like so many of you have.
Last things, I'll be buying a 5X8 Coil soon and PLEASE someone talk to me about the "Sensitivity" portion of my ATP. The manual has like one baby paragraph and I'd really like some examples of how many bars you normally use(0-8) and the conditions/places that you use them in.
I'd post a pic, but I'm pretty sure you all know what .26 looks like;).
Ben H

Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Nice finds LinkHylian. I loved your play-by-play description. Yea, when you get your Lesche (Digging Tool & Sod Cutter) you will be ready to start really diggn'!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread