1ST SILVER!!! (1845 Seated Dime) Woo Hoo!!!

gmu4me

Jan 15, 2006
Culpeper, Va
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Well.... after more than a year of relic hunting I finally found my first silver coin.... an 1845 Seated Dime (Philly). I found it in an area that I have been over soo many times before. I use a Whites MXT that I usually keep in Relic Mode. BUT today decided to hunt with it switched it over in Prospecting mode... very different (and successful) results.. Now I cant wait to get back out there and re-cover all the fields that I normally hunt in Relic Mode.....

I am including a pic of the coin and of the bullets that I have picked up over the past month..

Thanks for visiting my post!! :-)

Attachments

• dime.jpg
    dime.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 950
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 908
Upvote 0
Re: 1ST SILVER!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Rock-on !!!! That is a sweet first !!!

My first coin ever was an 1840 half dime, those oldies are addictive.

I think most of us here in the forum found a Mercury dime as the first silver coin! Finding a seated dime is a real treat......you had to be jumping for joy! Congrats !!!! On that first one...........Wtg

G,

ditto what Seek said about first silver
coin.

Very nice find.

Silver is always nice.

have a good un............

Wow, here's a first first,
I never heard of someone's first silver being a seated.
That is just so cool and such a beautiful coin.
There's alot of envious TH'ers here after seeing this great find.
Congrats and best of luck covering the old territories.

Smiles!
BDoo

wow! and its a seated to boot! awesome job!

Great find! Congratulations!

Super find! That dime looks really good. What a day maker when you find silver like that. It sure makes pulling nails and tabs bearable. Congratulations and I wish you continued success when you rescan that area.

Johnny

Very kool :)

Very nice silver find...those bullets are cool too!

nice first silver!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I;ve found seated's but for me I'll ditto the first silver being a Merc. Now follow the first silver up with lots more when you go over those areas again.....HH!!!!

I don't think I have seen one of your posts before so let me take the time to say welcome to the forum Gmu4me.

OMG that is one awesome find for the first silver find. My first silver find was a Merc. I certianly was exciting and almost fell over finding that. I am yet to find a seated coin, but WOW sure would love to find one.

Great deal. Many more silver coins await you.

Postalrevnant

That is great. I know how you feel. My first silver was the 1961 Rosie but my second was the 1821 dime I use for my avatar. That definitely gets you hooked. WTG

just got my ifirst silverring last week, still waiting for a silver coin, congrats Mike

Great find, and it being your first silver coin even makes it better. Congratulations!

HH, Ringfinder

WOO-HOO that is way too cool of a first !! congrads to you... ;D ;D ;D ;D

what was the difference in prospecting mode ?? i got a mxt and only hunt in C +J...

Wow, starting with a bang. I expected to see a merc. ;) Very cool. Like the bullets too.

Mirage

Very NICE seated dime! Looks to be in fine condition, WTG, thanks for posting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back