What's new

1st silver ring, bracelet, pocketknives, military challenge coin, buttons and Batman

qaela4

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2014
Messages
1,380
Reaction score
1,606
Golden Thread
0
Location
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back from the internet hiatus. Found my first silver ring, a cool skull and snake, I think someone else found one in late June, early July very similar, gotta go back and check. Also, my first silver bracelet rescued from the junk pile, it is from Italy and is stamped "FA8"(Fate). Found my first pocketknife at a school and the second at Wheelock Park. The button with the eagle is inscribe in Latin with "God is our hope" and from research is Hessian. A small ball button and a flat button I know nothing about, any help would be appreciated on ID. The coin is from the United States Army and called a challenge coin, wish it had some personal info so I could return it. In the words of Sheldon Cooper: "I'm Batman!", for Big Bang fans that was the first thought I had when I saved the Batman car. I will post the rest of the finds later.
 

Attachments

  • SkullRing1.webp
    SkullRing1.webp
    14 KB · Views: 140
  • SkullRing2.webp
    SkullRing2.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 126
  • TwistedRope1.webp
    TwistedRope1.webp
    311 KB · Views: 131
  • TwistedRope2.webp
    TwistedRope2.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Germania1.webp
    Germania1.webp
    171.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Imperial1.webp
    Imperial1.webp
    249.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Hessian1.webp
    Hessian1.webp
    55.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Hessian2.webp
    Hessian2.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 129
  • SmallBall1.webp
    SmallBall1.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 132
  • SmallBall2.webp
    SmallBall2.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Flat1.webp
    Flat1.webp
    144.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Flat2.webp
    Flat2.webp
    88.4 KB · Views: 122
  • ArmyCoin1.webp
    ArmyCoin1.webp
    165 KB · Views: 142
  • ArmyCoin2.webp
    ArmyCoin2.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Batman1.webp
    Batman1.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 26
Congrats on the Very cool finds. I love the ring.
 
Sweet saves!!

Really like that skull and snake ring...
 
Excellent sterling silver finds! I especially like the skulls and snake ring! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
:blackbeard: -Argh!
 
Very nice set of finds Q4. Welcome back. Best of luck to you in the field!
 
that challenge coin is nice looking
 
THAT HAS TO BE THE MOST TWISTED RING I HAVE EVER SEEN. WOW WHAT A DESIGN ON THAT JEWEL. THE HERRINGBONE NECKLACE SURE LOOKS NICE AND SO DO YOUR OTHER FINDS. BUT THE RING , RING , SOMETHING ABOUT THAT RING................................
 
that ring is really cool!, I like the military coin as well, good stuff!
 
Does the cross hatched flat button have a wreath on the back? If it does, I found the same button. Mine even had the seam mark too. I like that ring too.
 
Damn nice finds, like that ring...:occasion14:
 
Does the cross hatched flat button have a wreath on the back?
I don't see a wreath, but I am color blind so I could just be missing it, how big would it be?
 
Copy of an old Hessian button.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom