Relic Hunting

Attachments

• bessieM.jpg
    bessieM.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 83
  • BessieR.jpg
    BessieR.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 57
FloodcityTom, first off from one vet to another, thank you! Not sure what you found - that said it has a story to tell - depending on how much research you want to do to figure out who Bessie and/or R.R. are/were. They may have been former property owners or their children. You might be able to determine that by examining old atlases, deed records, census records, etc. Remember, for every hour to spend detecting, you can spend 10 hours (or more), cleaning, preserving, and attempting to ID a find. Good luck!

Upvote 2
Thanks for the input, I've been talking to a few old timers in the area, no luck yet, county records is next.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 1
Thanks for the input, I've been talking to a few old timers in the area, no luck yet, county records is next.:icon_thumleft:
Hi again, if you have a historical and/or genealogy club in the area, they may be able to assist. Depending on what county you live in, the deed and tax records may be on FamilySearch and/or Ancestry. If you don't have an account - you might be able to access at your local library. Good luck!

Upvote 0
It's always great to get an inscribed recovery of any sorts. Congrats

Now if I had dug it and it was plain I would say a Rosette.

Now that it has writing I'm going with Bessie was a horse-the giver was R.R
So maybe a person received a new bridle, and the rosette was inscribed.
Kind of like gifting the horse but it's to the person as well type thing.

Upvote 1
Thanks for the input Sir, I've dug rosettes and Bridal flashes before, I dont think this is one of them, too big, no signs of an attaching. I'm guessing more of a medallion or perhaps glued to something?

Upvote 1
Ronald Reagan and Bess Myerson (Miss America).....

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 1
FloodcityTom, after looking closer at the bottom row it appeared to be more than R.R. So I tweaked it a bit in PowerPoint which you can see below. The first letter might be a script "A". After the second letter there may be a script lower case "L" or "E" with possibly something after that.

Attachments

• Bessie.jpg
    Bessie.jpg
    564.1 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
FloodcityTom, after looking closer at the bottom row it appeared to be more than R.R. So I tweaked it a bit in PowerPoint which you can see below. The first letter might be a script "A". After the second letter there may be a script lower case "L" or "E" with possibly something after that.
Thank You so much it might be A. Parker (?)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back