2 Box ? for FRANKN

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Khpony. Sure, glad to help. I bought it from one of the members in FL. for about $250 as I recall. It is a Hays two box. I just added a shoulder strap to make it easy to carry. It will go app. 12 ' in air tests and has found caches at 6'. A 2 Box will pickup in the ground directly below the operator, or in the air in an area at least 6' out on the sides. Mine has found objects in stone walls I was walking by.
The down side, or benefit of the 2 Box, depending upon how you look at it, is that it will not pick up an object smaller than a softball.
The 2 Box has not changed much over the years so you can pick up a good used one on T Net Classified, or E Bay, etc. I prefer the ones with separate transmitter and receiver boxes, But Whites and Discovery are good top of the line boxes. Age makes no difference as long as it is a transistor unit. Hope this helped you out. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks a bunch.....I won't need one until spring (about to get snowed in here for the winter in the mountains) so this gives me sufficient time to acquire one. I hope to be able to trade silver dollars for one.
Thanks again!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions