What's new

2 Box ? for FRANKN

khpony

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
308
Reaction score
72
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I recall in one of your posts (couldn't find it) that you had a 2 box detector that was in the $300 range used. I'm in need of one come spring and wanted to take a look at it. Would you please tell me what it is. Thanks!
 
Khpony. Sure, glad to help. I bought it from one of the members in FL. for about $250 as I recall. It is a Hays two box. I just added a shoulder strap to make it easy to carry. It will go app. 12 ' in air tests and has found caches at 6'. A 2 Box will pickup in the ground directly below the operator, or in the air in an area at least 6' out on the sides. Mine has found objects in stone walls I was walking by.
The down side, or benefit of the 2 Box, depending upon how you look at it, is that it will not pick up an object smaller than a softball.
The 2 Box has not changed much over the years so you can pick up a good used one on T Net Classified, or E Bay, etc. I prefer the ones with separate transmitter and receiver boxes, But Whites and Discovery are good top of the line boxes. Age makes no difference as long as it is a transistor unit. Hope this helped you out. Frank
 

Attachments

  • hand print-2_edited-6.webp
    hand print-2_edited-6.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Thanks a bunch.....I won't need one until spring (about to get snowed in here for the winter in the mountains) so this gives me sufficient time to acquire one. I hope to be able to trade silver dollars for one.
Thanks again!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom