What's new

2 Boxes, 2 Firsts

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
First off, the boxes were pretty sad. Box 1, skunk, no silver. I did get 2 BU 2008s proofs. I needed one. Box 2 had a 1971 gold plate staring at me on top. That was a first. I got 1 40% and a 1974 s proof. Oh well.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_57.webp
    ScreenHunter_57.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 391
  • ScreenHunter_59.webp
    ScreenHunter_59.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
Nice work on the proofs!

Not a fan of the gold plated... nothing special to me. I've only kept like 2 that I have found, and those were in SUPER condition.

~Dave
 
DrDetector said:
looks like the one I found last week, it's from Iran
I knew somone else had found one. Yea, it is an Iranian coin.
 
I remember the ID from the last one... the guy was even nice enough to show the pic of the coin right from the foreign coin book. ;)

Lots of helpful people around here.

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
I remember the ID from the last one... the guy was even nice enough to show the pic of the coin right from the foreign coin book. ;)

Lots of helpful people around here.

~Dave
You got that right :thumbsup:
 
Nice!
No 08's here, yet.
 
I got four gold plated halves from four hand rolls this week...only thing to do with these things is toss em back! They had been circulating a long time and didn't have the 1960-1980 punched in them. I did get a few silver/chrome? plated Ikes a ways back. Thought I hit silver for a minute on those but then I noticed the plating was peeling off :tard:.

Maine_Jim
 
I'd be more than glad to trade one of those 2008 s proofs.
 
I got one of those chromed out halves... thought I hit a silver in a hand roll! But NOPE. It blew too... I bought like $350 in handrolls from that one bank that day and it was towards the end so I was so happy not to get skunked... but I DID!

I kept it though because it was in SUPER shape. Like it was JUST chromed. I kept one of the gold ones that was in the same state as well. Just as odd ball items. I wouldn't keep anymore of either.

They can be stamped with a 20 OR 25 year span by the way in case people actually do want to collect them... so there are two versions for each year of coin. And some aren't stamped at all.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom