2 civil war bullets and a silver ring from the school and scouts still love to fish

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Luckily the deep freeze didn’t last too long and I was able to get out to the civil war bullet school. It was 25 when I got there and the ground was frozen down about 2 inches in spots and less in others, but it warmed up to 52 by the time I was done so it worked out well in the end.

In 5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I found 50 coins with a face value of $2.28, 2 rings, a harmonica reed, 2 civil war bullets, an aluminum religious medal, a cheapie best friends pendant, a toy car, lots of tabs, can slaw and an assortment of junk.

7A36528D-9070-4892-A798-6C11865015B2.jpeg

The car is marked MIDGET TOY ROCKFORD IL. This one is from the 1940s if my internet source is correct. Not in the best shape, but both axels are whole and all 4 wheels are there so that’s good.

The ring is even smaller than the last one I found. It has to be for a baby or toddler. It is a J initial ring made by Uncas and marked STERLING.

DB82A685-B721-43A9-B755-10FF4BE28881.jpeg

2 more bullets on this trip. Found far apart. The first one was really flattened by something. Probably during the school construction or when they put in the gas line a few years ago (found near the buried line). It only has 2 grooves and it looks like a solid base so I believe it is a sharps carbine bullet. The other one is a .58 caliber minie that was messed up. The tip has a mark like a ramrod, but no signs of being pulled.

BE3506EF-0BA3-4D33-8361-9326B0479276.jpeg

So a good day at the school. That’s 2 trips here in a row with silver, maybe a streak?

DAY 2
Since things are thawing out I decided to make a trip to the scout camp which is to the northwest of my location and generally colder and snowier. It was a cold start again, but it warmed up and things went fine.

In 6.5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I found 107 coins with a face value of $9.65, 62 camp tent pegs, an Allen wrench, a rust pair of pliers, a 1998 nickel from the Bahamas, a year pin, a flag pin, a dead knife, an older style neckerchief slide, 4 pieces of cut pennies, fishing gear, a fired bullet, lots of sinkers and foil, tabs and melted aluminum from the fire pits. The scout camp keeps on giving.

90CF6E5C-57E3-456F-B169-4EA85DB8C6EA.jpeg

0FD1475E-BBED-4CCE-AF0A-2F877AE31C8C.jpeg

EE8DCA7B-62B6-4ED0-9A77-5195AE5A46DD.jpeg

I keep swingin and the finds keep popping out of the ground. Life is good. The weather is warming up nicely so things are looking good. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 10

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
Luckily the deep freeze didn’t last too long and I was able to get out to the civil war bullet school. It was 25 when I got there and the ground was frozen down about 2 inches in spots and less in others, but it warmed up to 52 by the time I was done so it worked out well in the end.

In 5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I found 50 coins with a face value of $2.28, 2 rings, a harmonica reed, 2 civil war bullets, an aluminum religious medal, a cheapie best friends pendant, a toy car, lots of tabs, can slaw and an assortment of junk.

View attachment 2068836

The car is marked MIDGET TOY ROCKFORD IL. This one is from the 1940s if my internet source is correct. Not in the best shape, but both axels are whole and all 4 wheels are there so that’s good.

The ring is even smaller than the last one I found. It has to be for a baby or toddler. It is a J initial ring made by Uncas and marked STERLING.

View attachment 2068834

2 more bullets on this trip. Found far apart. The first one was really flattened by something. Probably during the school construction or when they put in the gas line a few years ago (found near the buried line). It only has 2 grooves and it looks like a solid base so I believe it is a sharps carbine bullet. The other one is a .58 caliber minie that was messed up. The tip has a mark like a ramrod, but no signs of being pulled.

View attachment 2068835

So a good day at the school. That’s 2 trips here in a row with silver, maybe a streak?

DAY 2
Since things are thawing out I decided to make a trip to the scout camp which is to the northwest of my location and generally colder and snowier. It was a cold start again, but it warmed up and things went fine.

In 6.5 hours of swingin the CZ21 I found 107 coins with a face value of $9.65, 62 camp tent pegs, an Allen wrench, a rust pair of pliers, a 1998 nickel from the Bahamas, a year pin, a flag pin, a dead knife, an older style neckerchief slide, 4 pieces of cut pennies, fishing gear, a fired bullet, lots of sinkers and foil, tabs and melted aluminum from the fire pits. The scout camp keeps on giving.

View attachment 2068837

View attachment 2068839

View attachment 2068838

I keep swingin and the finds keep popping out of the ground. Life is good. The weather is warming up nicely so things are looking good. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor