2 Coins That Equal 4 cents?

coinshooterpa

Aug 19, 2007
South Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro/White's MXT 300/White's XLT/ Minelab Excal II/Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you all are thinking...He made it in week 6 to the top 25 with a 1795 capped liberty cent and then.. he's gone...Well it feels like that was only last week but was actually almost a month ago..Due to my kids fall sports schedule my weekends are pretty much shot and any openings, my wife is working and I have the kids..But yesterday i had 2 windows, 2 hours in the morning and 1 1/2 in the afternoon. Sooo I got out to an early 1800's farmhouse that I have had permission to hunt for over a month and haven't been able to... I have hunted alot of farm houses and I swear they opened the door and threw all their trash in the yard, but not this one, the yard was very quiet and I got alot of good hits. The 1864 2 cent, 1944 wheat and four of the bigger buttons were found in the morning along with the 1952 silver rosie which is the newest coin I have found so far in the side yard. The evening hunt yielded the 1865 2 cent, 1910 Barber, 1905 and 07 injuns, 13 wheaties,a few more buttons including the eagle button with an "A" in the middle..Is this a Civil War button?????and also the silver plated ring with the ruby stone...I have about 4 hours in an area about 20 yards by 20 yards on a 1 acre yard and have dug every beep and have 1 pull tab so this is really trash free....Oh and this weekend My kids have no games and my wifey is off...I don't think she'll see me much this weekend.....Thanks for looking and oh yeah , White's strikes again.

Attachments

• 1864-65 2cents.jpg
    1864-65 2cents.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 771
  • injuns,barber,rosie.jpg
    injuns,barber,rosie.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 781
  • buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 764
  • 10-21-07 finds.jpg
    10-21-07 finds.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 758
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those two 2 centers are in excellent shape. I believe that is a civil war artillery button but I'm no expert. Awesome finds there.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
what a great find. I agree
I believe that is a civil war artillery button but I'm no expert.
I was in the artillery in Nam. that's a great button.
HH,
Joe

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I'm gettin' dizzy. Pick a century and
stick with it, will ya!!!? ;D :D ;)
Spectacular (and I haven't used this
word on tnet yet) finds.
You must be feeling great.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!,, super day, WTG!!!
Sounds like a very nice place to hunt.
Here's link to a civil war button site:
http://www.coinflation.com/coins/silver_coin_calculator.html
If you scroll about halfway down the page you will see the buttons with an "A" on them...
I don't know much about buttons, but I beleive it will depend on what back mark is on it, to determine wheather, or not, it's from the civil war...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul!!!

That 1864 2-Center looks like it oughta clean up pretty nice. If the word "WE" is plain then you know you have a nice one. The Artillery button's pretty sweet too

WTG!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THAT was a great hunt! Fantastic job. Buttons & old coins, what more can you ask for? ;D
-MM-

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds...love the 2 center's and the Artillery button....WTG!!!! I;d say that place deserves to be hit again and again...nice job!!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Awesome day, buddy! Those Two-centers are in great shape. You are the man! Keep the passion high, my friend.

Check out my top 25 at the end of the week. ;)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sweet pair of two's! That might be on my next to find list. Those look in great condition and would grade EF. Other stuff is great too. :)

As for the top 25. My son Nate told me that recently "Jill-in-Ohio" made the top 25. SHE DOESN"T EVEN OWN A METAL DETECTOR! :D So who's the joke on? She made the list because of her association with a professional White's user. ;D As I can tell from people's post here on the forum people take old Doys list somewhat seriously. That can be the trouble with jokes sometimes - There is a little bit of truth in every joke.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Fantastic... the buttons are awesome! The Eagle "A" artillery button looks to be in great shape... and the others are spectacular finds...

Oh yea... nice coins too...

:)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome day, and finds.

We all desire a day like that.

Ken

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly is an Artillery button...as to whether or not it is CW...depends on the backmark. If you're interested in the date of the button, see what it says on the back.

Those Two Cent Pieces are GREAT finds, and I would imagine that peroxide would make them look beautiful. They have very little wear on them, so they should turn out nicely. Here's the link if you go that route...any questions about cleaning, PM me.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,39135.0.html

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread