2 Dollar Bills--Where are They?

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down in Belize last year (2006) and I went into a bank to exchange some US for Belize Dollars. I was surprised to see the Teller had hundreds of US 2 Dollar Bills. I asked if I could buy some of them and she said she would be glad to get rid of some of them. I bought 40 dollars worth-- They were all new prints. I guess that is where all of our two dollar bills go--like everything else--Overseas.

I can go into any bank here and get them no problem.

If you ever visit Monticello you can get loads of them.

Also, check your local horse race track.

I have not seen any two dollar bills in circulation in the states--at least not out here on the left coast or in the Southwest--I did not know the banks here in the States had them.

"Hundreds and passing up thousands" I guess that explains why we don't see em out west.

One of our local barbers passes them out in change. He charges $8 for a haircut and if you give him a $10 or larger, you get the change back in $2 bills.

I've been considering picking up a few now and again to get some flowing in circulation. It would be neat to see them more often.

Most banks in this area have $2 bills,they do not circulate them unless theyare requested.

I spend them at fast food joints usually,some times the counter person tries to refuse them.

hasbeen

It is just like the new coin dollars. Everyone hoards them, even though they are worth a dollar. Just like the $2 bills. They are worth $2. People keep them because they are new or because you do not see them anymore. I love to spend them. Especially the new coin dollars. I find it funny that people stash them away like they will be worth something more in the future.( They won't ) ;D

If your own bank doesn't have any, the next best way is to use the yellow pages to call around. Much better than driving around. Most tellers are glad to get rid of them and don't care whether you have an account or not.

most banks in town should have plenty on hand. i get 10 or so every week just for the joy of spending them. i love the variety of reaction i get from people. the vast majority are amazed to see them and think they are rare. unfourtunatly they still print them like the rest of the bills and are worth a total of 2 dollars. def the best looking bills though.

I got one in change last week at the deli near where I work. The clerk looked at me like I was gonna catch him in something. I don't think he knew it was real.

DM

When going to Vegas, I always brought 100 or so to tip the waitresses. They like them and tend to make sure you're never lacking for a drink. One year, I forgot them, so I asked the cashier at the MGM Grand if they had any 2's. They had them books, like a checkbook, but instead of being perforated, they peel off like post-it notes. All brand new, sequential serial numbers, and a checkbook cover with every book. Very cool.
Sorry for the awful pic.

Attachments

• $2 bills 001.jpg
    $2 bills 001.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 471

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back