What's new

2 first 2day

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a first today in Baltimore in digging a seated dime. Other notable finds: ring (gold?), fancy part of a pin-on decor, R. R. & Co. flat button ( this may be R. Robertson and Co. of Attelboro, a fired miniball, thimble and unknown.

finds.webp
 
Upvote 32
Wow that dime is uncirculated. Nice job
 
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice finds McCDig, :occasion14: that seated sure has some crisp detail. That button is awesome. Is that a real pearl in it? I am curious as to the design on the face of that ring.
 
Love finding seated liberty and you found one very nice dime.
 
Yep,, that seated dime is "THE FIND "
Congrats on an excellent hunt.
 
Cool finds! Any chance of getting closer obverse and reverse photos of the dime? And of the buttons? I love it when coins come out of the ground in such great shape.

aj
 
Congrats on your first Seated Dime. It is in great shape. I think your "unknown" may be the pull handle off of a small box, like a jewelry box. If it were bigger, I would go with a dresser drawer handle.
 
thx th. The unknown is about an inch and a half long; you may be right that it's to a small drawer. Another Club member found an 1877 seated nearby.
 
Thx aj. Will follow-up with that. Yes, it seems this one may have dropped by 1880.
 
Thx atw. Was wondering if I'd ever dig one, but now I've had the privilege of taking dimes from 4 series from this park.
 
Thx donin. The dime was down 9 to 10 inch range. As I was fishing for it, saw the flash of silver.
 
Thx L-D. The script design on the ring has worn down, perhaps it was personalized. I may have an answer today as to what quality of gold this is.
 
Thx relic lover. Clad for the hunt was a quarter and a dime.....would rather dig relics!
 
Nice finds that's a deep target well done
 
Thx Joe h. Chasin' the deep ones!
 
Great looking Seated,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom