What's new

2 FULL ROLLS OF SILVER HALVES!!!!

david.jensen

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an awesome score, look like the coins had been sitting for a while they had some weird green residue on them. Enjoy!:
 
Upvote 30
That looks like a super fun thing to do! I tried it and I didn't have any luck at all.

tabman
 
Awesome score on the silver! :notworthy:
 
With all the luck that members find silver half dollars, I think I get two rolls the next time that I am a bank.
 
I've tried a few local banks in the past, but none of them seem to even keep rolls of dollars or halves on site anymore.:dontknow:
 
Nice stack of silver halves! :hello2:
 
Good score. Great score. These happen every once in awhile, but not often.
 
I wonder who passed away? I often hear about surviving family just dumping saved coins without taking even a moment to try and understand why the person kept them in the first place. They simply want the easy money. Good thing for you they didn't realize how much easy money they were putting in your lap! :thumbsup:
 
haha thanks for the bows
 
Last edited:
I wonder who passed away? I often hear about surviving family just dumping saved coins without taking even a moment to try and understand why the person kept them in the first place. They simply want the easy money. Good thing for you they didn't realize how much easy money they were putting in your lap! :thumbsup:

I am interested in the origin too, but I'm happy I was the one to find them!
 
I've done coin roll hunting since the very early 1970's . When consider that Silver coins have not been minted in most of 50 years now in the U.S. There still are a considerable number that are being taken in rolls to the banks (or in cans or bags) by the "unknowing and the uncaring" and cashed in for face value. On my birthday in late Oct. I stopped into a tiny bank in a very small town near Santa fe (NM) asked for half dollars . On a $140 purchase - all customer wrapped rolls , three rolls had the word Silver written on the wrapper - they were filled with Walkers , Franklins and Kennedy halfs . I think it's quite random , and I really follow my hunches as to when and where to stop and ask !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom