What's new

2 headed 1944 d wheat penny

bourassa5

Full Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
this penny has the lincon head on both sides with no marks or damage after the mint process. i could not find anything online anyone, anyone have any information on a cent like this?
 

Attachments

  • xgdfgdfgdfg015.webp
    xgdfgdfgdfg015.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 710
  • xgdfgdfgdfg017.webp
    xgdfgdfgdfg017.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 606
Upvote 0
That sounds great. Could you take a picture of it in front of a mirror so we could see if both faces line up?
 
I don't know for sure, but I have heard that this cannot occur at the mint. It must be post-mint tampering. Maybe it was possible back in the day, though.
 
I think its called a magicians coin. They use it for tricks.
 
Novelty coin. Impossible to have been made at the mint.
 
look on the rim. sometimes you can see where they joined 2 coins together. sometimes you can get them apart.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom