What's new

2 IDs - cup and scabbard?

gtoast99

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
276
Reaction score
571
Golden Thread
2
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2 ID's - cup and scabbard?

Any help would be appreciated!

First up, this funky little tin or aluminum cup. It's got a nifty design on it with an old baker woman on it. Anyone recognize it?

Next, this other thing (nickel for reference). I dug the smaller piece a ways away from it, but there has been some recent earth movement in this area, so it could be from the same piece. My inclination says so. It's obviously something, and interesting how it tapers like that. The line running down the right side of the back appears to be a seam, broken over most of the length, but still intact just above where the nickel is. Thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • cup.webp
    cup.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 297
  • something.webp
    something.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 293
Re: 2 ID's - cup and something?

Here's some more pics
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 248
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    19 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0
Re: 2 ID's - cup and something?

Tony (NC) said:
Maybe a bayonet scabbard? Hard to tell from the picture.

Agree. Possibly the end of a CW bayonet scabbard.

41x0mFHF8fL._SS500_.jpg


The tea cup is from a child's set. Mid 20th C, I'd say.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 ID's - cup and scabbard?

gtoast99 said:
First up, this funky little tin or aluminum cup. It's got a nifty design on it with an old baker woman on it. Anyone recognize it?

Do you have any reference to the size of this? Hard for me to tell just based on the tile in the background, thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 ID's - cup and scabbard?

With there being a baker on it my guess aould be its a 1 cup for measuring flour,sugar etc.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 ID's - cup and scabbard?

Any other thoughts on scabbard thingie? It's really got me curious, now that I've heard that from a couple people. I noticed the resemblance when I found it, but something about it didn't seem right. I guess I thought I'd know a scabbard when I saw one, but maybe I was wrong! lol

Kenosha Kid said:
Do you have any reference to the size of this? Hard for me to tell just based on the tile in the background, thanks.

Oh yea, sorry! The coin to the upper left of it is a nickel.
 

Attachments

  • STUFF2.webp
    STUFF2.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
Re: 2 ID's - cup and scabbard?

This piece is too big to be a bayonet scabbard. It is a piece of crumpled up brass that looks suspiciously like a bayonet scabbard though. Scabbard tips are made of thicker brass than what you posted. I have no idea on the cup.

Best Wishes,


Buckleboy
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom